BC Pumps dont seem to work On water

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I will have to check if they change these but right now it does not seem the a Pump and Infi water works at all...

At least with the combo of Pump, Liquiduct pipes.

Lava still works... But it is also very picky with the amount of lava level it needs.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
If you want water, just use an aqueous accumulator. It's cheaper, better, requires no power and less space.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Guess That will work. :) But still seems to be a problem that should be looked into.

The new Tree farms in 2.0 forestry require an huge amount of water... Well it depends on where your located... But its pretty hefty.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Def works though.. And seems to supply plenty of water.. So strange how I pretty much have to give up buildcraft for TE with just about everything... I don't think I have any BC stuff running anymore.... Except the power... And that is not even using bc engines.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Def works though.. And seems to supply plenty of water.. So strange how I pretty much have to give up buildcraft for TE with just about everything... I don't think I have any BC stuff running anymore.... Except the power... And that is not even using bc engines.
Pump works just fine for water, you just have to have a proper water supply underneath it that won't get sucked up too fast. Odds are, you used something other than 4x redstone engines to power the pump, so it all got drained before it could act all infinite-like.

As far as BC stuff... you are going to be using pipes before you get to use liquiduct/conduits.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Nope used this system since 1.3.2 4X redstone engines and infi water supply.. Plenty of water.. Updated too newest version of FTB and the water system stoped working.. Im in the process of seeing if its that dam Optifine that screwed up the water.. Because the water in my game is acting all kinds of weird.. Not updating.. And stuff.. getting stuck.

Tell you everytime I install that thing called optifine.. Nothing but problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1359474481][/DOUBLEPOST]Ya its opti.. Man wish that program would work like its suppose to...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I can understand the water requirement if forestry is used by itself, as it has rainwater tanks for collecting water, but with using any other mod, infi-water makes the water requirements of Forestry obsolete.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Infi water is a vanilla thing.. Its not part of any mod.. Its something you can just do in regular minecraft. Infi water just make if for you don't ever lose the water source..

The problem comes when you need to supply the water. BC pumps can only go so fast.. Infi water or not. But using the TE AA.. And its much faster then the Pump.. Never realized this.. Upgraded all better now. ;)

Malkeus Diasporan

Jul 29, 2019
Malkuth, first off: nice name :), secondly: what version of optifine are you using? Ultra seems to cause all kinds of issues lately.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the Pre Release c1 version.. I did read about the problems and that was the one recommended.. But it seems to have its own problems.. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, I'm aware that Infi-Water is vanilla, just mods make use of it for mass transport.

Ultra always seems to be the most unstable of optifine versions, best to wait for standard, and version 4+ really to iron all the bugs out.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm aware that Infi-Water is vanilla, just mods make use of it for mass transport.

Ultra always seems to be the most unstable of optifine versions, best to wait for standard, and version 4+ really to iron all the bugs out.

Ya. I pretty much live without it for many versions of Minecraft at this point.. I do give it a chance every update though.. And usually end up dropping it..

Last time it would crash my Quarry machine everytime when I tried to move it... LOL..