Bats!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
I made a bright mystcraft void age to make my giant space station factory, but halfway through the project, I saw bats. Lots of them. I made it a mushroom island biome so I didn't get mobs, but bats were spawning, faster than I could kill them, not kidding. How can I stop the bats from spawning or kill them, I have literally no use for bats and would like to disable them entirely. I'm not adverse to installing more mods. Please help

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
1) Do you have ICBM installed? Laser turrets and bats get along quite nicely. :D

2) As far as I know, mobs can only spawn on blocks. If you half slab all available spawning spaces, that might work.

3) A giant MFFS forcefield, perhaps? You could probably configure it to kill bats somehow.

4) Maybe you could just fill up the mob cap with other mobs. Villagers would love to help you build that space station.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard, the Bright modifier only makes it look lighter. Kind of like the brightness setting.

They're spawning because it's dark and you need to light the place up.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Well I might install icbm if the turrets really shoot bats, otherwise I gues lights will have to work. Do they spawn on normall surfaces like the ground or the ceiling, that's where I always see them.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Well I might install icbm if the turrets really shoot bats, otherwise I gues lights will have to work. Do they spawn on normall surfaces like the ground or the ceiling, that's where I always see them.

May I suggest tnt, dubstep gun, mining laser or a nuke?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I believe bats still spawn on the ground, but they quickly fly upwards and rest on the roof.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Bats spawn when it is too dark and below a certain y level (63 methinks). They also need a floor like any other mob. Build higher or brighter and your problems will be fixed. You could also half slab everything. Or... mffs might do the trick

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Well, magnum torch does not stop them, though that would be nice. Someone should tell RWtema about that. My base started at about y 55 so I just lit up the bottom floor with lights and I'm fine now. Anything above y63 is also fine. After some testing (flying away and quickly flying back) they do spawn on the ground. Thanks all!