Request Basic+ to Intermediate AE2?

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working to learn AE2 lately and I love the mod. I have watched tons of vids and read tons of guides on the mod and I understand basic storage, how to route items where I want them to go, basic automation like putting ores into a furnace and then back into the network.

My question is what is next? I started playing with the molecular assembler but have not actually got it automated yet. What are the next 5 or so projects I should look at in terms of learning the mod? Please note I am playing Infinity 1.8, so I have other mods that can coexist with AE2.

Thanks!

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
1) You need to learn channels and channels tricks. For example, Storage Bus + ME Interface for infinite storage and p2p-tunnels for using autocrafting anywhere.
2) You need to learn everything else. Every goddamn feature of the mod, just open NEI and check out every single item (except for colored cables, ofc).
3) You need to learn, how to use other mods to help your ME-system be efficient and cheap.
4) You need to learn, how to use only AE2 to automate your ME-system.
5) You need to create biggest ME-system ever: thousand channels? Not sure, if enough.
6) You need to create smallest ME-system ever: 7x7x7? Pfft. How about 3x3x3? And don't forget about all functions.
7) Final, and hardest challenge: you need to learn, how to not use AE2. Yep. Try Logistic Pipes or SFM.

Reactions: .allbliss.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Even though you can use the Molecular Assembler for automation most people use it for on demand crafting for finniky items they need en mass.
What exactly do you know about the molecular assembler? Have you delt with crafting CPU's yet? That's one component you need for on demand crafting.
Also one tip; As Mael stated at the end of his post. Knowing when not to use AE will be important. An example; Feeding the output from 1 or more machines. One option is you could put an import bus on every machine but that takes up valuable channels. You could remedy this by utilizing sub networks but that gets quartz heavy. A better option is to use another pipe mod to extract the items in to an me interface then you only use one channel. This could be done for filling machines too. Only you'd need to configure the interface to provide items you want the machines to have. Also Depending on the variety of items you may need multiple interfaces as their provider slots are limited.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Try to figure out better ways to implement things with combinations of mods

v Possible setup, only read if you don't mind being given a possible solution
use request nodes from extra utils all linked to an interface with no predefined outputs to get all the stuff you need out of the ME system and pipe it back in after processing with same pipes and regular transfer nodes. one of the most elegant pull-process-push setups I know of.
Gets even cleaner if you have thaumcraft so you can use transvector interfaces to hide all of it.

More or less do everything you can with one mod, then see if you can do it better with another mod, then see if you can do it even better by combining them.