barrels & pipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
Quick question:
can provider pipes (from logistics pipes) be connected to the back of a barrel?
will they then provide supplier pipes with requested items?
or does it have to be on the top? the bottom?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Barrels accept from the top, output from the bottom. So probably only if Provider Pipes can work like Routers and insert into a particular side.

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Barrels accept from the top, output from the bottom. So probably only if Provider Pipes can work like Routers and insert into a particular side.
provider pipes dont insert
but would buildcraft pipes be able to both input and output from the top of a barrel?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Again, I *think* they should only be able to input through the top and output through the bottom.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can input to the bottom of a barrel, at least up to the current full stack, but I'm not sure if that was a bug that was ever fixed or something intentional.

JHoliness

Jul 29, 2019
Provider pipes will work on (I believe) any side of a barrel. The back definitely works, as I have done so myself.

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
yes the provider pipe works just like they are attached to the bottom
i didn't look at the code so i dont really know what happen (or even provider pipe sided?)

P.S. you can use the sneaky (top) with an itemsink module, so you can have a seamless barrel wall :)

Jul 29, 2019
Provider pipes will work on (I believe) any side of a barrel. The back definitely works, as I have done so myself.
Thanks for that :D
what i plan on doing is putting mk2 chassis on top of barrel with provider module and item sink (if the provider works there)
otherwise i will put a provider pipe on the back

JHoliness

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that :D
what i plan on doing is putting mk2 chassis on top of barrel with provider module and item sink (if the provider works there)
otherwise i will put a provider pipe on the back
I see no reason as to why it shouldn't work. As; logistics pipes can interact with the barrels correctly, regardless of the side they are connected to. Be it inserting or extracting.

That's why I love using logistics pipes with barrels - barrels are already very handy, but coupled with the functionality of logistics they're immensely useful.