Barrels not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy22777

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to interact with barrels on my friend's server. I can put items into them, but when I right click on said barrel, it just shows me a number, and no item name. This is a recent problem; they were working before. On barrels that I have not touched since this problem happened, I can right click on them and they show me the number and name of the item. I can also not get items out of barrels. I can't break them too...they take a long time to break (even with an advanced diamond chainsaw) and then immediately reappear once they finally break (after about .1 second).
I am on a Mac with lion OSX

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what's causing it, but it looks like only vanilla ores are being written by name and not the ores / ingots from Forestry etc not.
Does your friend see the same as you? can you check if it's the forestry or other mod ores / ingots

Creeperologist

Jul 29, 2019
well there is likely two issues at play, first being server sided lag, the second being poor update coding on barrels themselves, they rarely ever accurate show how much is in them properly when interacted with by anything other than players

thatguy22777

Jul 29, 2019
I can't interact with any barrel, but my friend (runs the server on his computer) can do everything normally.

Jiggins

Jul 29, 2019
I can't interact with any barrel, but my friend (runs the server on his computer) can do everything normally.
Is it anywhere near the spawn area, Minecraft default spawn protection can prevent you from interacting with inventories. It can be turned off in the server configs or just get your friend to op you

Status
Not open for further replies.