Solved Banning/Restricting Items

mocfunky

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ! I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am trying to ban items and rank restrict some also.
I have
WorldGuard
PermissionsEx
Essentials

all installed and I go to each of the plugins to ban an item but the only ones that work are
essentials, but it only lets me ban some items. I managed to use WorldGuard to not allow people
to pick up certain items on the ground but that is all it does. PermissionsEx does not seem to ban
any of the items for some reason even when i use -permissionforitemusage.orwhatever.

It is really getting annoying and I do not want to delete the mods. I am trying to ban the poratl guns, gravity guns, and other items. Only thing I have banned is nukes, chunkloaders, and canvas bags.

Any help?

I can post my .yml's if required.

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing you are using mcpc+, if so check out tekkit customizer. It works with FTb also, you just have to edit all the IDs

Senmori

Jul 29, 2019
Just disable those items in the configs of whatever mod they belong to.

Nukes, for example, belong to IC2.
Go to IC2.cfg in your ./config folder in your server directory.
Find this line and set it to false(I already have).
Code:
# Enable crafting of nukes
    B:enableCraftingNuke=false
I also set this line to a lower number just in case they, somehow, get their hands on a nuke.
The default value is 35.0. I set it equal with TNT so they can't do a whole lot of damage.
Code:
# Explosion power of a nuke, where TNT is 4
    S:explosionPowerNuke=4.0

The portal gun has several items that can be disabled. Go to your PortalGun.cfg and find this line:
Code:
S:modPartsDisabled=-1
Right above that you will see a list of what can be disabled/enabled.

You can also disable the recipe being viewable in NEI by editing the NEIServer.cfg.
Go to it and make sure to have the ItemID you are trying to ban.
Code:
BannedBlocks
{
    622=NONE
    7:0=NONE
}

NOTE: This doesn't stop people from crafting them. It just stops it from showing up in their item panel.

You can also use this to remove recipes but I prefer disabling the item from within the mod itself. That's why the option is there. ;)
EDIT: Recipe remover only works on item crafting, so if the item you want banned can be found in randomly generated chests then you will need to disable the item from within the mod.
Or you could have a redstone clock(set near server spawn so it's always active) running a command block that clears the item(explained below).

I would also suggest enabling command blocks and running the /clear @a <ITEMID> command. This way players with that item in their inventory gets it removed.

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
Look on the front page for Tekkit Customizer in the section "Making exceptions to bans"

Basically say you want only rank 4 to create, have, use & place quarries (ID 516)

You then give Rank 4 the perm - tekkitcustomizer.516.*.*