Banning Items and Grief Protection

xgreenoughx

Jul 29, 2019
I recently setup a Mindcrack FTB Server.
I was wondering what everyone uses to Ban items as well as a way for players to protect a 16x16 chunk.
I dont want to add towny.

Also i cant figure out how to update the mods. Like i thought i could go to Thaumcrafts Site download the newest mod and put it in the mods folder to get rid of the Thaumcraft dupe but it doesnt work and my server just crashes

Thanks

Kiwi_EXE

Jul 29, 2019
Well for the updating mods problem, if you update them then everybody who would play on your server would have to update too and I think you would have to re-do the configs too so there are no I.D conflicts. EDIT: And everybody would need to have the same configs.

xgreenoughx

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm so best bet is wait till and updated version of the FTB Server comes out

Still need help with the banning. I wanna ban like Nukes and TNT. Prolly some other stuff but i gota do more research i just need to know how to do it or what plugin you need.

Kiwi_EXE

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is one called Item Ban/Limit or something. You can limit how many, say, solar panels someone can place or disable right-click for an item like the power tool or just ban that item.

EDIT: Looking through IC2 configs and found these:
# Enable crafting of ITNT
B:enableCraftingITnt=true

# Enable crafting of nukes
B:enableCraftingNuke=true
Hope that helps.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Best mod i found was recipear to block recipes, but block the autocrafting table too as it bypasses everything (aswell as allows duping)

If you dont mind moving to MCPC+, Grief Prevention is also very good for protections in general.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
In the command console there is a ban list "or is it black list" that should generate the first start up, you can add items "ID's" from console or edit the file its self, but maybe make a second temp server for testing before you change a lot, the player will not thank you if there building stuff & you keep rebooting to edit/test/check, then import or just copy paste.

Kiwi_EXE

Jul 29, 2019
Best mod i found was recipear to block recipes, but block the autocrafting table too as it bypasses everything (aswell as allows duping)

If you dont mind moving to MCPC+, Grief Prevention is also very good for protections in general.

Remember to block XyCraft Fabricators!

Kiwi_EXE

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, people just assume that and then when I have my diamond factory set-up with fabricators and then Admins almost ban me before I can explain lol.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something to note, be careful of recipes that also require TNT
For example, iridium plates (In light of gregtech)

Grief protection imo is a matter of trust for who's on your server, whitelist those that are trustworthy, ban those that are not
It works very well on the server I play on

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
Something to note, be careful of recipes that also require TNT
For example, iridium plates (In light of gregtech)

Grief protection imo is a matter of trust for who's on your server, whitelist those that are trustworthy, ban those that are not
It works very well on the server I play on
If the server is public it's hard to control that.
There's no real way of protecting a server, that is public, from grief.
Unless you want constant admins and hardcore server protection plugins.(Which make the game seem less natural.)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If the server is public it's hard to control that.
There's no real way of protecting a server, that is public, from grief.
Unless you want constant admins and hardcore server protection plugins.(Which make the game seem less natural.)

mmm, good point
That didn't even cross my mind P: