Ban items from monster server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SpecOps

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.

iam running a monster server. My friends are being kicked from the server due to Buffer.Overflow ?something.
This error could be tied to the rainbow forrest as someone at reddit suggested. So now I want to ban all all rainbow forrest saplings - how can I do that?

Have a great day out there

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
While there was some oddness with Rainbow trees in the early version of Monster, I'm certain they were subsequently fixed. What version of Monster are you running? An update may be all you need instead of getting all "want to remove things".

Supplying a pastebin to the full error message would be helpful as well, to ensure that you're even on the right track.

SpecOps

Jul 29, 2019
Ok ommina.

IF we get the buffer.overflow error again ill paste them.
Regarding the monster version we are all using the version downloaded from feed the beast launcher. The server was downloaded from FTB homepage. I have not updated anything - just ran the server that I downloaded. Should I update? if so, how can I update?

Thanks for your time

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
If you are using the FTB Launcher, it will give your current version to the right of the pack name. Probably (v1.1.1) for Monster, but it is worth checking.

SpecOps

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.
Iam running 1.1.1 so how do I update the client and the server? I see a 'force update' in the client launcher, is that how? But what about the server?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
On the launcher you will see a drop down menu with all the version numbers, choose 1.1.2
Next to the drop down (left) it will say download server files, just replace the server files with those downloaded

SpecOps

Jul 29, 2019
On the launcher you will see a drop down menu with all the version numbers, choose 1.1.2
Next to the drop down (left) it will say download server files, just replace the server files with those downloaded

ahh! So when I update server files I wont lose my World?

Thanks!