Bad Thaumcraft Nodes

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
The other nodes was about 100-150 blocks away, could barely see them. Since it getting updated is it even worth working on a pure node?

There was some weird bug where some pure node wasn't able to merge even if they ware 1 block away from each other.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard a rumor that nodes can be destroyed with a portable hole. This was awhile back though and may have been patched if it even worked at all.

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't use one of those yet on the server and i am in a Mystcraft where i am the only one who can get there...

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
Was it anywhere near another node as it may of ate it? Also note that the node mechanics are very unstable and pron to save issues. Which is why nodes are being removed in the 1.5 update of thaumcraft and are being replaced with a new mana/aspect system.
where do you have that from?
based on this thread http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1705283-thaumcraft-31-not-4/page__st__560#entry21421572
They aren't going away - I just need to change the way they work.

JerryMac

Jul 29, 2019
me was trying to grow a pure node via creative node (we was all getting peed off by the wisp) but then the evil node ate the pure node .... cant aznor add like a node spawn egg or something thats server admin only ?

im very inclined into this as well. as admin of a public server, our players play with flux alot and sometimes the nodes just vanish or we are left with horrible flux at spawn
id love to fix things like this with an admin command

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
im very inclined into this as well. as admin of a public server, our players play with flux alot and sometimes the nodes just vanish or we are left with horrible flux at spawn
id love to fix things like this with an admin command
u can use the thrumic bees to fix nodes :) or use a silver wood saplin and how of groth to spawn in pure nodes now and use the thurmic bees to et up all the flux that is made from spawning a pure node

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Thaumcraft's Crystal Core yet (unless I missed something).

http://thaumcraft-3.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Core

It takes a bit of research and mats to make one, but it's probably one of the more reliable methods of moving a node. If it's a big issue then just have someone spawn one in with creative until it's out of there and encase it in something like warded stone...
As a side note, do a bit more research into it. All I can say is that a crystal core will pull the largest node to it within a certain radius (20something blocks), so make sure there aren't any GOOD nodes nearby. You may have to destroy and re-place the core several times before the node is far enough away for comfort, the process isn't a quick one. Anyway, good luck and hope I helped ;)

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into the same problem. I had to do what others are saying. Once I got my pure node up to about 430 vis, I was within sight of outpacing the evil node with 2 more silverwood trees. But then it started moving. I couldn't get saplings fast enough and the evil node absorbed it. Now I have a 900+ evil node. I'm going to have to start further away and keep building up a pure node until it's bigger, then start moving it closer. In case others haven't mentioned, nodes move toward each other when they merge, so the way to move it without a crystal core (if you're like me and have never seen a wither skeleton, much less killed the wither) you have to keep making tiny nodes with silverwood trees closer and closer to the target.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
dont use the crystal core it drains the arua of the node it pulling and makes big fluxs u can use thurmic bees to move nodes or use the crystal cluster + thurmac bees that have node purafyer to eat all that nasty yucky fluxs[DOUBLEPOST=1366711085][/DOUBLEPOST]
(if you're like me and have never seen a wither skeleton, much less killed the wither)
the problem your having is that wither skeles spawn in neather forts only and every mob in the neather is clased as hostal in the spawnrates witch means all the pigman gast firebats magmacubes and blazes are spawning befor wither skeles have a chance so u have to kill pigman or use some quarrys or arcanebore and dig a massive hole around the neather fort or spam lava buckets so only mobs can spawn on the neather fort then ull get a better chacne of wither skeles spawning :)

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
dont use the crystal core it drains the arua of the node it pulling and makes big fluxs u can use thurmic bees to move nodes or use the crystal cluster + thurmac bees that have node purafyer to eat all that nasty yucky fluxs[DOUBLEPOST=1366711085][/DOUBLEPOST]
the problem your having is that wither skeles spawn in neather forts only and every mob in the neather is clased as hostal in the spawnrates witch means all the pigman gast firebats magmacubes and blazes are spawning befor wither skeles have a chance so u have to kill pigman or use some quarrys or arcanebore and dig a massive hole around the neather fort or spam lava buckets so only mobs can spawn on the neather fort then ull get a better chacne of wither skeles spawning :)
Thank you for being helpful! The other problem I'm having is that I've not found a nether fortress yet either. Granted, I haven't really looked for one.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for being helpful! The other problem I'm having is that I've not found a nether fortress yet either. Granted, I haven't really looked for one.
No clue if it will work with ft but u can Google neatherfort finder :). or if u got a android u can download the app from googleplay for free