Bad Login

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Purfectic

Jul 29, 2019
Title Bad Login

Launcher Type

Modpack FTB Ultimate

Modpack version 1.1.2

Have you modified the pack?

Link to log file

Details of the issue To put it simply, I've played with the FTB Ultimate before and I've never had this kind of problem, so what am I talking about, after downloading FTB Ultimate again(To make sure something isn't corrupted) I want to join some server, let's just say BedCraft(With his IP: ftb.bedcraft.eu), and it will output ERROR: Bad Login. I've tried to reinstall it, just what I could think the problem caused, is there any fix for this? Or do I only have a bad luck?

Last edited by a moderator:

Purfectic

Jul 29, 2019
Just adding proof of it:
WzHgIUx.png

Purfectic

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've checked with it and the server seems to be fine when adding the adress.
OcCc4vk.png

And for the part of the single player working, yes, it is working.
twsbU5C.png

I'm going to say it once more, I've played on this server before the migration with twitch and it worked fine, I've never had problems with any of the problems I have right now with twitch launcher.

EDIT: I will try to use Legacy launcher and I will tell the results later on.

EDIT 2: The results of testing it via Legacy worked fine. Only problem it seems to have it with Twitch launcher.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Strange - dinnerbones tool might not work with the older versions.

Anyhow - the information
I'm going to say it once more, I've played on this server before the migration with twitch and it worked fine, I've never had problems with any of the problems I have right now with twitch launcher.
doesn't help much investigating further.

If you want anyone to check you need to share a log, otherwise it's impossible to figure out why it fails using the Twitch launcher.

Things to check is if you're on different java versions using Twitch vs. the FTB launcher (and if anything shows in the log that differs)

Purfectic

Jul 29, 2019
Strange - dinnerbones tool might not work with the older versions.

Anyhow - the information

doesn't help much investigating further.

If you want anyone to check you need to share a log, otherwise it's impossible to figure out why it fails using the Twitch launcher.

Things to check is if you're on different java versions using Twitch vs. the FTB launcher (and if anything shows in the log that differs)

I'll look further on it tomorrow, but I have only one instance of java installed, so it can't be caused by java errors.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
The Twitch launcher if set to native launcher (default), uses the bundled version 8.25 - even if you got other version installed on the OS.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I don't think its a java error as java is bundled for a reason and should be the one minecraft is build against. and the fact that ftb ultimate is a very old version if I remember correctly that means that old versions of java have a better chance to work as they are closer to what that version was build against. However, I doubt that @qwaranou has a version so old that this difference would matter and suspect that the version bundled with twitch is the older one.

Also, as this has to do with the a bad session my guess is that how twitch sets the session when you start is different to how the legacy FTB launcher does this. If this is true you should be able to replicate the same behavior with a normal vanilla instance as twitch uses the vanilla launcher.

Also, another reason why I suspect this to be the case is that ftb Ultimate came out before the switch to UUID's instead of relying on usernames while the vanilla launcher that is currently in use came out AFTER. My guess is that FTB has code to detect this and simulate the old behavior correctly. Whereas the vanilla launcher does not have this and fixed it in some other way. This could very well work correctly for vanilla but throw mods into the mix and you can get problems.

Of course, without a log (preferably both a working version one and a non-working one) we can only speculate. Also, testing to see if you can connect to an vanilla 1.4 minecraft using the vanilla launcher may very well prove my speculation (if it fails we know that the vanilla launcher does something bad with old versions. Which would actually be very interesting.).

Also, if you can make a profile on the vanilla launcher containing the modpack and not log in the blame is also on the side of the vanilla launcher. If that does work however its on twitch's side, which would mean that they mess with it in some way. (this is expecting the modpack being installed correctly on the vanilla launcher)

but, as stated before without logs, there is very little to go on and for all we know it also could just be some weird firewall problem or something stupid like that.