Backing up game? Also, starting over, again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
So this is basically a two part post. Backing up game, and the ambivalence of starting over.

Had a bad chunk or something crashing game as soon as I spawned in. Looked in files and the only backups I had were from March? Updated pack and game is gone anyway but I wouldn't mind knowing how to manually backup a game in case I was really attached to it. I don't mind starting over for the most part, I find that I enjoy the early game and making or discovering new strategies and base setups. Last one was actually a lot of fun and I had just made it to The End, but I was also starting get that "ok what's my motivation?" thing going in the back of my mind.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
For backing up manually:

Go to your saves folder, and copy the world folder to another folder (backups?) and add a date stamp to the name so you know what one is most recent?

When it comes to starting over... when I do that, I try like hell to force myself to pick one mod to go through that I normally don't before I settle into my "usual routine". I find it makes it more enjoyable when you have to start from scratch again, and you may decide/discover a new "usual routine".

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I think I'm going to make my early primary focus Botania. I really only do it for the sash and magnet, sometimes the horn, but having those two baubles really makes a difference in game play. Of course the sash needing manna, and the dayblooms dying makes it more challenging but I dont find it irritating either, which is unusual for me lol.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
While I don't agree with the nerf, it's not too bad. Use the daybloom/nightshade combo long enough to make an endoflame, then go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk