Back with the 1.7 wither killer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am trying this out in SP, to see if I can get it to work, but the wither keeps escaping out (obv the front was sealed in, I just removed it to show the structure)...

the design you recommended above didn't work either.

AoIhNLo.png

Interesting...I did it just before I posted originally, and had no problems. I have no idea how he could be escaping. Maybe try adding in the corners, or doubling up on the walls?

Is this SSP or SMP ( especially if it's a server online)? I wonder if some sort of server latency or something is allowing it out.

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, I fixed it. Placing 1 more block on the center of the roof kept him inside!

I was testing this in singleplayer, no lag, he was just ghosting through the ceiling.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
So does anybody have a confirmed minimal size kill box? Trying to build one with a stack or less.

Internal 1x3x3, that requires 26 blocks if you have a 1x2 doorway. Raise the top center block 1 space to prevent it from suffocating. ( and I never was able to shoot it with a gravel gun while it was suffocating, so I do recommend it. )

Well, you might be able to raise the 2 bottom corner blocks. Not sure if the wither will form like that or not. ( So the corners under the T of soul sand are filled. )

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
I think you have to have "air" blocks on either side of the bottom soul sand for the wither to spawn. So 3x3 with an extra space above the center head. I placed an extra block on top and on bottom to be certain the wither wouldn't "ghost" through the 1 thickness wall, like some mobs do.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I think remember someone mentioning that the WIther is actually 4 high so making the room 3 high might cause it to occasionally glitch out of the enclosure.

MobsterMuley

Jul 29, 2019
After several failed cages, i ended up going with an interior of 3x1x4 with one extra head space. 3x1x3 he was glitching out of everytime. Thanks for the help guys. :D
I think remember someone mentioning that the WIther is actually 4 high so making the room 3 high might cause it to occasionally glitch out of the enclosure.
pierce right on target here.

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
My wither farm look like
https://imgur.com/a/xh08i
29 block, I migh be able to remove one on the bottom back, and may be 2 more on the top but, as the farm is close my house ... I don't want to try.

I'm able to place block, hit from belowwith a sword without behing hit.
And 2 high on ceiling because, as talked few post above, he's 4 high.
This pattern allow even to kill him by sufocate (well, it's probably not the best idea...)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ive tried a few different ways in my minecraft experiences but my last one was the best and probably how I will do it from now on. Just make a room at bedrock level and dig a 3x3 tunnel going up about 20 blocks so the explosion doesnt destroy anything. Up at the top on the back wall build a wither shaped array of AE formation planes and a mining laser from MFR so that the wither and the beam are centered with the tunnel. The bottom 15 blocks or so needs to be warded or made of blast proof material. I had two problems with this build though. One is that the laser destroys the items unless you suck it up very quickly, and the second is that the formation planes dont seem to do what you would think they'd do when you toggle them. I had limited success at retrieving the items with EU transfer nodes with world interaction upgrades but that started getting expensive considering that having my magnet equipped worked so well. And the formation planes did their job if I removed and replaced the sand and heads in the terminal I set up down at the bottom.

So not exactly automated, but Im sure theres a way to do it with timers and enough world interaction upgrades.