Back From Break

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a pretty developed 1.4.7 world, but has taken a break for almost a year now. I think it is a good opportunity to get away from my 1.4.7 world (that I was so attached to and wouldn't dump for all the new content), and dump it for the newer content.

My questions are:

I want Gregtech. A good portion of my strategy requires centrifuge, and I like the endgame that GT adds. I know there was a lot of drama and shit, so here follows...

If I want to get GT into my Unleashed 1.1.3, do I need to:

(a) Fuck around with GT and TiCo blockID files?
(b) Copy some "working" blockID file I found on the interwebs? (People said that FTB made it so that it would properly integrate the GT into Unleashed, but I am getting a lot more references stating (a))
(c) Just put GT into the mod folder and pray to Jeb that things don't fuck up?

Yeah.

Thanks.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a pretty developed 1.4.7 world, but has taken a break for almost a year now. I think it is a good opportunity to get away from my 1.4.7 world (that I was so attached to and wouldn't dump for all the new content), and dump it for the newer content.

My questions are:

I want Gregtech. A good portion of my strategy requires centrifuge, and I like the endgame that GT adds. I know there was a lot of drama and shit, so here follows...

(b) Copy some "working" blockID file I found on the interwebs? (People said that FTB made it so that it would properly integrate the GT into Unleashed, but I am getting a lot more references stating (a))

Yeah.

Thanks.

I felt the same way, but you may want to look at the changes involved with GT and IC2. Many have been turned away, while others have defended the changes. Be your own judge. I removed a lot of the mods I thought I couldnt live without in order to give me a MORE new experience. I also added mods I never played before but noticed there was a good following for. Keep in mind you are building a new world from scratch. This a great time to branch out.

To your question, IDs arent too hard to fix. Take a big pack with most of the things you want and then add in the mods you want and strip out the ones you dont. ID conflicts will be obvious when you look at the FTB launcher logs (search for "conflict"). Changing IDs just means going into the config files and editing the numbers. Not as hard as you might think.

Remember to always look through the WHOLE config file and not just at the item/block IDs. There are options specifically for turning mod interaction on and off. Offhand I cant recommend any packs with GT already present as I dont know of any (and AFAIK no 1.6.4 FTB pack has it).

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
There's an FTB private pack that is the subreddit's offical pack that is supposed to be the spiritual successor to Ultimate, its under private packs with the code MegaSharkPunch, It's got gregtech set to only mess with ic2 stuff and not any of the vanilla changes

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I use GT and TiC in a 1.6.4 world and they work fine together. If you want a more easy gregtech like Ultimate had, try out TPPI pack.

Hmm i just noticed you want to use 1.5? Dont know how gregtech worked in 1.5. In 1.6 it really has become almost a stand alone mod. You could install ic2 and gregtech as the only tech mods in your pack and it would work fine. GT has pipes to transport items and liquids now, etc. Its actually more fun now too. Its more challenging early game. you have to use up metals much faster to make tools and machines, and then you make bronze age machines to increase your efficiency, and then jump to the electrical age (standard ic2/gt machines) to be completely efficient. Unfortunately almost all other mods ruin this progression, but it also works that if you want to just skip the early game GT progression, just use other mods to get up and running.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I would just suggest creating a private pack, maybe not the easiest option, but would be more configurable and possibly better in the long run.
And please try not to swear, it really irritates me. :)

Reactions: Padfoote

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well the intention is really to maintain an 1.4.7 Ultimate-esque feel. Though I did start playing w/o Gregtech, and noticed a lot of the illogical hardships (that are really conducive to time-waste, rather than more complex/rewarding gameplay), aren't there.

What modpacks would you suggest for 1.6.2? I am not totally interested in creating my own custom modpack, as it is more fun to have the same abilities/troubles as most players, such that a good discussion can be created, in terms of cross-mod synergy.

I am looking at 1.6.4 techworld 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1394473259][/DOUBLEPOST]No forestry. Big questionablility-ness.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Also if testpackpleaseignore is not working hit remove and then click add on the code again. If it does not work afterwards close and re-open the launcher or give it a day or so to work. A word lf warning, TPPI takes a LOT of memory(like all 1.6 packs) so be sure to have that. TPPI has GT configured like Ultimate and has other things like its own mod that adds tweaks and ore spawn changed completely(different layering, described in a book you spawn with)

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

My questions are:

Yeah.

Thanks.

You should do Monster or TPPI instead. That way you have a more updated modpack (If you're moving on, you might as well start a 1.6.4 instead of a 1.5.2 world). I'm preety sure with Monster you should be able to just drop GT in preety easy. If you want a 1.6.4 more like Ultimate, I recommend TPPI. TPPI is a private pack that is like Ultimate but for 1.6.4 (the pack code is MegaSharkPunch). TPPI has Advanced Solar Panels and Gravitation Suite, unlike all the other 1.6.4, although it has a preety weird ore gen though. You might like it, if you don't just delete the cofh world gen config file and you will get regular ore gen.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You should do Monster or TPPI instead. That way you have a more updated modpack (If you're moving on, you might as well start a 1.6.4 instead of a 1.5.2 world). I'm preety sure with Monster you should be able to just drop GT in preety easy. If you want a 1.6.4 more like Ultimate, I recommend TPPI. TPPI is a private pack that is like Ultimate but for 1.6.4 (the pack code is MegaSharkPunch). TPPI has Advanced Solar Panels and Gravitation Suite, unlike all the other 1.6.4, although it has a preety weird ore gen though. You might like it, if you don't just delete the cofh world gen config file and you will get regular ore gen.
Part of the point of TPPI is the world gen so you can target ores :p do /TPPPI Ores
Ingame for the orespawn instructions

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Part of the point of TPPI is the world gen so you can target ores :p do /TPPPI Ores
Ingame for the orespawn instructions
I know what it's for, but I don't really like it. In caves you might have less luck and you can't go strip mining at one level to get everything which I don't like.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Just go FTB Monster without GT, you'll notice really fast that the game is really hard even without GT. It's just not needed anymore.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Just go FTB Monster without GT, you'll notice really fast that the game is really hard even without GT. It's just not needed anymore.
That is true^^
Magic is now much more preferred to tech when it comes to features such as being able to fly and building decoration.

Reactions: Padfoote

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, my general strategy is to get sustained trickle of EU, such that I can perpetually run manual ore processing.

Once things stabilize, and I get enough diamonds, quarry out my base. By the I should have enough resources to begin biofuel -> steam boiler -> MJ production line. From there on it's whatever I feel like.

Though, I tend to play on peaceful, and only really require advanced nanosuit for jetpack.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used ic2/gt since 1.2.5 almost. Coincidentally my monitor has received zero punches in the time that has elapsed since ^^

If you're looking for new tech challenge I would point you to Rotary/Reactorcraft, and Engineer's Toolbox, both of which are standard in the Monster pack :) (also Ender IO will change your life)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I'm realizing just how much work it is to rebuild all the things I need to actually begin doing any engineering related stuff...

I'm tended towards going back to my 1.4.7 world. There's just too much shit I need to do before hand, even before I can start enjoying the game the way I like to.

Now to fix all this lag......... Replace all transport pipes with tesseracts.