Autoplacing Carpenter's Blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
I've a problem with the Carpenter's Blocks. I want to place them in a quite large area so I've used Buildcrafts Filler. Unfortunately the blocks don't accept any covers anymore afterwards. The same result is when I use a turtle from Computercraft.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem? I don't like the idea of placing several thousands of blocks and then still have to place the covers.

Thanks for any ideas in advance.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've a problem with the Carpenter's Blocks. I want to place them in a quite large area so I've used Buildcrafts Filler. Unfortunately the blocks don't accept any covers anymore afterwards. The same result is when I use a turtle from Computercraft.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem? I don't like the idea of placing several thousands of blocks and then still have to place the covers.

Thanks for any ideas in advance.
Using other means of placing the Carpenter's blocks will mean you are not the one with ownership of them. This is the reason why you cannot edit them.
You could change this config to allow non-owners to modify the blocks, but I have no idea of the consequences:
# This will prevent players besides you and server operators from editing your objects.
# Note: this does not protect objects against destruction (intentional), and may allow activation if appropriate. Also, the Carpenter's Safe is not affected by this.
B:"Enable Ownership"=true

Honestly IMO just suck it up and do it manually :p It is what the game is all about.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, in my creative world I was able to place carpenter blocks using the creative builders wand from Extra Utilities and I was still able to put covers on them.
though I was in creative, so I don't know if it still works in survival mode using the normal builders wand

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
well, in my creative world I was able to place carpenter blocks using the creative builders wand from Extra Utilities and I was still able to put covers on them.
though I was in creative, so I don't know if it still works in survival mode using the normal builders wand
That does work, both with the normal and creative wand in survival(yeah I cheated in the creative wand :p). Guess that still counts as the player placing them.

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to you all. I've changed the config file and it works now.

Since we are building a community project its ok if everyone is able to change the blocks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would really like if Carpenter's Blocks would add an item that'd alot you to mass-cover all the carpenter's blocks that are still blank.
it's seriously a pain if you've a huge build made out of carpenter's blocks to go by them 1 by 1 setting their covers

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Like maybe outlining an area in a specific block type auto fills the remainder(assuming you have enough of the block in question in your inventory)

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
Ignore this I you're using the shape functionality of the blocks.

Question, why are you using that many carpenters blocks? Is it a simple wall, if it is why not just place the block itself.

Just wondering because I made that mistake, carpenters blocks in large numbers will cause lag. For easy and quick changes thaumcrafts wand works much better than the hammer.