Autopackager causing tick lag every 10 seconds

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

eupraxo

Jul 29, 2019
Title Autopackager causing tick lag every 10 seconds

Launcher Type MultiMC

Modpack SkyFactory 3

Modpack version 3.0.15

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/ea7cc9a7

Details of the issue The only modification to the game is Optifine, but I tried this in the Twitch launcher and original FTB launcher with clean downloads and the issue was still there.

Restarting the remote server didn't fix the issue, and there are no relevant entries in its log.

Basically, as you can see at the end of the log, Autopackager is causing a 1/3rd of a second of lag every 10 seconds. I have three of them in my world, and this issue only recently started happening. Watching the F3 graph, everything is normal, and then every 10 seconds the "tick" portion jumps way up to a half the graph or more, and the entire game freezes for a third of a second.

After I remove them, there are a couple more messages from root, but then everything is fine.

I placed them back into their spots, and the issue is gone (for now), but I'm thinking it might come back over time like it did the first time.

Autopackager bug, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:

eupraxo

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: After a few hours it started doing it again. Lag and freeze every 10 seconds, but strangely it didn't show up in the logs. Breaking the Autopackagers and replacing them "fixed" the issue once again.

eupraxo

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE 2: Played for hours with only the optifine internal shaders with no problems (although my main autopackager wasn't active during that time), then switched to shaders around the time I started using the main autopackager and the issue immediately appeared after switching to a shader.

O

oversoul

I get a similar lag bomb at a 10s interval while playing Direwolf20's 1.12 modpack on a small server we play on with about 6 people. I think it is my client; I can hear my fans rev up and I have watched the CPU usage spike up from ~15% to ~90% during these lag bombs. A restart of the client ends it for a time, but eventually it comes back.

eupraxo

Jul 29, 2019
I get a similar lag bomb at a 10s interval while playing Direwolf20's 1.12 modpack on a small server we play on with about 6 people. I think it is my client; I can hear my fans rev up and I have watched the CPU usage spike up from ~15% to ~90% during these lag bombs. A restart of the client ends it for a time, but eventually it comes back.

Since I posted this, I ended up having to do a completely fresh Windows 10 installation, and therefore an full reinstall of Java, and all the clients involved. Same problem. Seems to be some kind of server + client problem, maybe? Client for sure anyways. At least I'm not alone!

O

oversoul

I actually fixed my issue by going into the profile settings and allowing it to use more RAM. It was set to 4GB, I turned it up to 8GB and its smooth as butter now.