1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Problem Autonomous Activator in Sky Adventures

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by dacid44, Nov 10, 2018.

1. dacid44

dacid44 New Member

Why is there no autonomous activator or alternatives, like the ExtraUtils2 Mechanical User, or even an Auto Sieve that I can find, in FTB Sky adventures? Am I missing something or am I really meant to manually sieve gravel until I've built the Void Ore Miner? I don't see any mention of this in the quest book either. I'm hoping not to have to use bees or chickens right away as I don't have much experience with them and don't know how to start with them on a skyblock, but it seems like that's what the pack's pointing towards. Advice?

2. Cptqrk

Cptqrk Popular Member

To quote from the modpack description:

This pack is centered around Project-E for resource gathering after acquiring your raw resources with Ex Nihilo in early game

3. dacid44

dacid44 New Member

So I'm meant to use, what, Energy Collectors? Those are still a little bit of a long shot for manual sieving, considering they need 3 blocks of red matter. Unless there's something else you're thinking of, Project-E is a mid-to-late-game system and Ex Nihilo is usually used with automation (Autonomous Activators/Mechanical Users), but without it is very grind-y. No offense, but I'm not sure this helps me too much.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  4. Cptqrk

Cptqrk Popular Member

Might I suggest looking at a youtube let's play like SystemCollapse, you will not be sifting for as long as you seem to think you will be.

Edit:

FYI: it takes about 2 hours of gameplay to make a transmutation table, and most of that was waiting for the water chicken to lay another egg to make the cobblestone farm.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. Reddis

Reddis Well-Known Member

The Alchemist Tablet pretty much negates the need to sieve.