Automating RotaryCraft Fermenter in a colder climate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

booleanBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey lovely people,

I've been getting into RotaryCraft finally as part of TechWorld 2, but I have hit a snag with automating ethanol crystals... I'm in a lavender fields biome and the rest temperature for the fermenter is about 12 degrees, this means I have a source of fire underneath and cooling fins on top of my 2 fermenters. This is fine for the yeast producing fermenter, I pipe dirt and sugar in via one side and pull it out of the remaining side, but the 2nd fermenter needs a redstone signal to switch over...

Can anyone suggest a solution to this predicament? Perhaps a single pipe solution for pulling and pushing items into the fermenter, or a redstone signal that doesnt take up a side of the fermenter?

Many thanks!

booleanBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, looks like it would work if it was in the Tech World 2 pack which it unfortunately isn't :(

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When you have fire beneath, cooling fin above, input left, output right and water input behind you still have one side left don't you?
Edit: Derp, you need power

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I think a precision export bus from AE can fill both slots on a fermenter. That should free up a side.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a single pipe solution for pulling and pushing items into the fermenter, or a redstone signal that doesnt take up a side of the fermenter?

If you use a buildcraft pipe for at least one of the insertion operations, you can patch a redstone signal onto it via a gate.

If the gate is sufficiently advanced (gold or diamond) you can use the same gate to control the input of items and prevent item spill, while still carrying the redstone signal completely disconnected from the other conditions.

If you use the Buildcraft pipe for pulling out, then you don't have to worry about spills at all.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I think a precision export bus from AE can fill both slots on a fermenter. That should free up a side.
Still not enough sides

But: With Ender IO you could combine item input, item output and water input to one side
or if you don't have that: With Extra Utilities transfer pipes you can combine item input and water input

Reactions: malicious_bloke

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Bugger, got ninja'd on the Ender IO suggestion. For transport, it really doesn't get much better than Ender IO. Its so wonderfully compact and efficient.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was originally thinking Ender IO, as it can do insertion and extraction via the same conduit, but Techworld doesn't have it in

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem and found that a project red alloy wire will go under the item conduit from thermal expansion so you can layer them to provide the signal. Not sure if that is in Tech World, I did it in Monster.