Automating Natura's blood saplings?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to automate them? The main problem with this being that you plant them on the ceiling and they grow downwards.

I'd like to play with them, especially since they drop redstone occasionally.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...lots of TE3 Autonomous Activators pointing downwards into a netherrack/dirt blocks?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
A BuildCraft filler should have no problem harvesting a bloodwood tree, except that after it finishes clearing the tree it needs to be manually reset. Workaround: set up a cobble generator in the last spot it clears out.

They might be plantable with Autonomous Activators aiming upwards - I haven't tried it.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...lots of TE3 Autonomous Activators pointing downwards into a netherrack/dirt blocks?
I think it's soul sand, but I believe those could work, with some fiddling to get it right. But what about harvesting?

EDIT Saw your post Immibis. That could work. Though replanting would be difficult.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
If you have any mod that can move blocks a long way (RIM, Truss Mod, MFFS, or something else) you could move an Autonomous Activator underneath the dirt block, plant the sapling, then move it out of the way again.