Automatic Inscribers

CinderBlaze

Jul 29, 2019
Im currently playing Infinity and i have tried so many ways to understand how to automate the inscribers to make the prints and then also the processors. I want to access my ME crafting terminal, put the request in for x amount of logic, calc, or eng processors, and it make them and put it back in. This is day 3 of messing with it and looking at videos attempting. Does anyone know a good guide, or can hlep me lol.

Please and Thank you

Seed : 253210447308776568

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Direwolf20 does the best job of automatic classic inscribers with the use of steves factory manager.
Check his season 7 (not forgecraft) vids. The good news is, he's going to make an updated version in a few days, if you don't find the earlier attempt he did much further back in the system.

On the other hand, if you are willing to install a mod to make things easier on yourself, install "AE2 Stuff". In that is an advanced inscriber. That advanced inscriber can actually act more intelligently with pipes and handle a stack at a time. Then the easy way is to setup 7 advanced inscribers, each one dedicated to just one of the inscribing tasks.

I'm going to be doing it THAT way in my little series before too long...

Reactions: SpitefulFox

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO item conduits work great. filter what you want to go into the inscribers. have AE pop it all in a chest and take the result back into the system from another chest. seen a tutorial on it. just can't remember who it was. some wizard looking avatar i think. not for sure.

Edit:
Sorry was in the middle of a appointment.
here is a link to the vid.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm personally a fan of using Steve's factory manager. But if you want to do it pure AE you will need 5 inscribers. The 1st 4 just make components. For these place the machine down, put in the press (silicon, logic, etc.), on the left side put the interface with the recipe in it. On the right side connect the import bus. That should enable you to on demand make the components.

For the 5th inscriber you need an import bus on the right set for inputing redstone, another import bus on the bottom for silicon (set this one to autocraft the silicon). On the right side put an import bus. Finally on the top interface with three patterns. These patterns should have have the just the missing component (logic for example) and the output processor.

To many channels get wasted on this setup which is why I don't like it. My solution with Steve's factory only uses two channels (interface & storage bus).

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
This is my setup using Ender IO and AE. AE only exports materials and imports the final product. Ender IO handles everything in between.

A ME interface has the recipes for each logic circuit and drops the item into the chest. The recipes are simple. 1 diamond, 1 gold, or 1 quartz = the processor. The Ender IO conduits are filtered for each inscriber. Then more conduits pull out of the inscribers and send them to be combined with the silicon.
iE0TGBz.png

This is my silicon setup. I just let the system backstuff with silicon on this side. All the barrels have storage buses on them so the system also provides sand, gravel, and flint for my sag mills. One inscriber presses the silicon. It is fed by a hopping barrel. The 2nd one combines them. It has an export bus on it to keep redstone full. The final product is imported back into my AE network.

puzGMgB.png