Automatic Experience?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
I am looking for a good way to collect experience via a mob farm
however, i dont really know how to automatically kill mobs in a way that the drop experience
i do know turtles are an option, but personally i dont like them that much and would like to know if there are any alternatives
also, are there other ways to collect experience other than brains-in-jars?
Thank you for any help!

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Bees! Edenic bees have explorer effect which is xp. Doesn't solve your mob killing but sound like you just want xp anyway

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you want the experience for enchanting. You have a few options:

1. Soul Shards Spawner / MFR Grinder (More than one needed for a T5 Spawner)/ MFR Auto-Enchater will give you enchantments without messing with experience.
2. Iron Golems (EDIT: with visors) & passive mobs & brain in jar can generate regular experience.
3. Edenic Bees and Doctoral Bees, will generate experience VERY rapidly if you have enough of them.
4. If you don't mind adding a mod, immibis' Liquid XP, might be up your alley as well.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Iron golems only generate XP if they have visors, I think, which are hard to get.

Power tool with a railgun mod in a deployer works nicely.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you want the experience for enchanting. You have a few options:

1. Soul Shards Spawner / MFR Grinder (More than one needed for a T5 Spawner)/ MFR Auto-Enchater will give you enchantments without messing with experience.
I would definetely recommend this way , the only problem it uses a lot of MJ to power the auto enchanter

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
MFR can do it easily. Maybe this will be my next RR build. I want to make the quantum leap chamber for experience.