Automatic Chicken Farm - Wireless Transmitter Timing Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
Reference pictures:
4ky5p4.jpg
sp885g.jpg

I have made an almost working automatic chicken farm. However, I am not good at redstone at all. So, I don't know how to time the piston retraction and ignition how I want. Basically, chickens spawn on a 8x8 platform on the roof via a tier 5 soul shard, and are pushed by the water down to the viewing floor. Then, they are pushed into a stream of water, and then into a 1x1x2 hole onto a block extended by a piston. The ignitor activates for a very short period of time, then deactivates. Afterwards, the piston retracts, and the items fall into a hungry chest. The items get piped out of the hungry chest and into a main collection chest/barrels. After the piston retracts, it extends nearly right away, to minimize the number of chickens being pushed into the hole from falling onto of the chest alive. Any chicken which is not burned and falls ontop of the chest doesn't matter since the piston crushes them when it extends again, and I get the drops anyways. Again, if you could layout a picture showing how to time this, with wireless transmitters and receivers, I would appreciate it greatly.

Edit: I don't know if this would work too, but: I could also have the ignitor stay on, and just have the piston move? I also know how to use wireless transmitters/receivers, I just need help with the timing. Also, I would like a way to shutdown the entire farm (spawner, piston, and ignitor) if I need to.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 5 chicken shard, wowza. That's a lot of chicken.

Why don't you use an MFR grinder and collect soul essence while you're at it? You'll be generating a lot of mobs. Add MJ or EU and you either have level 30 enchantments galore or a good amount of any mob spawn.

(This is assuming you can MFR grind passives)

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
I would appreciate it if someone would explain how to do the red stone with my current setup. It can go anywhere really, so long as it is accessible.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Um, the same signal you use to start the igniter you can use to retract the piston.

1. You will need to invert the signal to the piston so it's on by default (look up how to invert signals and play with it)
2. Look up how to create a timer. I don't see any other way other than a timer to do this. You could use a trip wire to "count" the chickens, but what if two fall at the same time. Use a timer.

[timer] -> [piston] -> items/chickens fall
------------[igniter] -> chickens on fire

You may have to delay the signal to the piston using a redstone REPEATER so the ignition goes a fraction of a second before the retraction of the piston.

Those are the tools you need to complete this redstone system. If you learn how to use the redstone, you have fish for life or something like that I don't know how the saying goes I am not smart.