Automatic Breeding

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
So. I know how to do this with redpower, but haven't a clue where to begin without it. Any tips?

Edoc

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft feeding machine? is on the pack, just search Feed Station on NEI

galeas90

Jul 29, 2019
It uses steel so its not exactly basic, but it is still easy to make.... Does anyone know the range of this "machine"?

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
It uses steel so its not exactly basic, but it is still easy to make.... Does anyone know the range of this "machine"?
9x9, 4 block radius from the feed station, and I BELIEVE up to 4 blocks up/down (so a 9x9x9 cube)

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to use a that teleport track (uses ender balls whatever its called) to keep the breeders next to teh feed station and make the floor a massive MystCraft Portal to my cooker area (drop + lava blade + maintain momentum).

MrAgle

Jul 29, 2019
Consider placing two breeders on a balcony above your breeding pen - but still inside the radius of your feeding station. Surround the base of the breeding pen with Mystcraft crystals, and in the wall, a concealed mechanism to place and remove a linking book. When you hit the lever, all but your base pair of breeders will be teleported to your cooker area/killing floor/whatever. Hit the lever again to deactivate the portal, and let your feeding station repopulate the pen.

I was stymied in my attempt to set this up earlier - but Redpower will make the book placement and removal much easier. A sorting machine or manager will also make it simple to send a set amount of feed to your feeding station to create a set number of animals per push of a button.