Solved Automated Server Backup and Restart

B

Bruder_Bruno

Hallo everyone,

i am running a Sky Factory 3 server on a Windows Machine and soon I noticed that there is already some kind of automated Backup for the World integrated within the Modpack.
But the Backup does one Backup every 2 hours and holds it just one day. So i got around 12 Backup what I think is okay, but i would like to be able to have at least one Backup older then 1 day. So for example expand the Backup Times from 2 to X hours or be able to get a weekly or monthly backup but i wasn't able to find some kind of configuration for the integrated backup funktion.

Does anyone know where I can configure the backup settings?

And maybe someone knows if there is a possibility to automaticly restart the server in the night or every x days or something to prefent lag etc.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Your Sincerly
Bruder_Bruno

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
For the backup settings look at local/ftbu/config.json. As for automated restarts that might be hard. I know I do it on the Ubuntu (Linux) server I run. But that is through the use of cron. I'm not sure how to duplicate this on a windows based server.

B

Bruder_Bruno

Thank you very much.

I looked in that config file and there is also a auto_restart option. I may try this. :)