Automated Alkahestry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've recently taken a liking to the Alkahest, and have been trying in creative to find ways to automate it to infinity. A perhaps the most important thing I've learned is that all automated crafting methods I am aware of in the Ultimate, and probably every FTB modpack is incapable of understanding crafting table recipes with stacked items. (Even my beloved AE failed me...)
Therefore, it is only possible to automate items which yield with only a single item crafted next to the Alkahest. For these recipes, it's actually very simple to automate their use to great effect with a simple Fabricator, and any kind of filtering mechanism to take out redstone and/or lapis, depending on what it is being Alkahested. Items which can be automated are;
Gunpowder - yields 2 redstone each (Seems to be the most useful, assuming you don't have access to mob grinding)
Iron - 2 lapis each (Great for making diamonds or gold if you have automated infinite iron, otherwise not particularly useful, due to lapis being unalkahestable)
Gold - 4 lapis and 2 redstone each (The most powerful option, if you happen to have a zombie pigmen farm, this is your best bet)
Diamond - 2 Lapis blocks each (If you can find a way to use this, please tell me. I'd love to know.)

And that's it.

Obviously the best way to use this would be some form of mob grinder for either creepers or zombie pigmen, though there are a few infinite loops which can be done using Alkahestry as-is, such as;
1 redstone dust can yield 16 excess netherrack, which with Gregtech can be sent through an Industrial Grinder, (optional first step, but yields an extra gold nugget) then an Industrial Centrifuge to yield a total of 2 gold nuggets, 1 coal dust, 4 sulfer, and 1 redstone dust. Feed the redstone back into a Tome of Alkahest, and bam, infinite gold, coal, and sulfer. And you don't even need a full-blown Alkahest!
(Note that, barring input from other systems, this is only truly infinite if you omit the optional grinder step. You can then either process the coal straight into coal fuel for a net gain of around 1-2k EU per coal, or process the coal into methane and gain 26k EU per coal, but at significant infrastructure cost.)

In addition to the above netherrack recipe, redstone can also be crafted into soulsand, albeit at a gain of 4 instead of 16. 16 soulsand can be centrifuged for 1 oil cell, 4 saltpeter, 1 coal, and 10 sand. Combine this with the above netherrack recipe, and you have the potential to spend 5 redstone to create 1 oil, 4 saltpeter, 2 coal, 4 sulfer, 2 gold nuggets, 1 redstone, and 10 sand. You can then autocraft the saltpeter, coal, and 2 sulfer into 6 gunpowder, which can give you 12 redstone through the Alkahest.

Glowstone can be made with a tome of alkahest at the cost of 1 redstone each. 16 glowstone can then be centrifuged into 8 redstone, 8 gold, and 1 helium. This can be used as-is to basically turn 0.5 redstone into 0.5 gold, or you can Alkahest the gold to yield a net gain in redstone, as well as some lapis. Note that in order for this to be truly self-sustaining, some of the redstone will have to be converted into some kind energy-generating substance. I reccomend Soulsand or Netherrack.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The diamond could be used from a wither skeleton spawner coal -> diamond -> lapis set-up

Just useful for gaining excess amounts of lapis blocks for emerald production for example

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
2 redstone for 1 gunpowder? I shall make creeper shard and use tome of cheatness to solve my eternal problem of not having enough redstone.

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
sorry for the grave digging. Is there any possibility to automate the process in FTB Ultimate 1.12? The fabricator wont work :/

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
All I've heard of is the autocrafting table by buildcraft that can do it with the stacks of items
For items which give resources per one dissolved, you should be fine to use any crafting table whatsoever

Perhaps try a dedicated AE network?
Because you can tell it to use a stack of items at once in the crafting pattern (not sure if it works that way in the MAC but it's a theory)

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried the new autocrafting table in Buildcraft, but most others don't work, including AE last I checked. It's because the Alkahest is the crafting product, and redstone/lapis is a side product that seems to be picky about which inventories it will actually show up in.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried the new autocrafting table in Buildcraft, but most others don't work, including AE last I checked. It's because the Alkahest is the crafting product, and redstone/lapis is a side product that seems to be picky about which inventories it will actually show up in.

Try the BC Advanced Crafting Table (Lasers!), it should work. If it doesn't, submit a issue to the BC Github tracker.

Reactions: jokermatt999

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Try the BC Advanced Crafting Table (Lasers!), it should work. If it doesn't, submit a issue to the BC Github tracker.
It doesn't allow you to even it it as a stacked recipe. You click on the crafting grid with a stack, and it comes up as one.

EDIT: nevermind, it works perfectly, but it seems that it's important to input at EXACTLY the amount of items necessary for yield. If, for example, you input a half-stack of cobblestone instead of a stack, it will still attempt the recipe and will thus fail.