Autocrafting with AE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
I been googling this for a while but couldn't find any solution.
Basically, I have a system to make the ingredients needed to make Sandy Stone.
However, I don't know how I'd be able to autocraft it without the need to request it. I just want all sand and brick in the ME network to be made into Sandy Stone.

I have thought of using Cyclic Assembler, but eventually, one material will clog up the Cyclic Assembler inventory.
There is always the Autocrafting Table but I'm almost positive this can be done without it.
Help?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Point an export bus back into the ME system, have a recipe for sandy stone in the MAC, and set it to export sandy stone and set it to craft mode. Pretty sure that will work.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
it should, i wanted to suggest the same thing tristam suggested
Edit: did youpointthe export bus to a ME interface? ( the cubic stuff)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Doesn't seem to work.
Make sure you set it to "always craft". Else it just loops existing sandy stone endlessly and consumes all your power.

Also, why not set a ME level emitter on that export bus to stop once you reached a certain level of Sandy stone? that way you can have a healthy supply of them while still have sand etc in stock.

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! Point to a ME Interface. Okay that works. Thanks guys
Make sure you set it to "always craft". Else it just loops existing sandy stone endlessly and consumes all your power.

Also, why not set a ME level emitter on that export bus to stop once you reached a certain level of Sandy stone? that way you can have a healthy supply of them while still have sand etc in stock.
Yep, that's what I plan to do.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
One thing you can do if you're involved with a big build & need a lot of 1 type of craftable block is to export to a dedicated enderchest & carry a matching enderpouch. I export to enderchests with things like fertilizer & charcoal to keep remote machines full as well.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
One thing you can do if you're involved with a big build & need a lot of 1 type of craftable block is to export to a dedicated enderchest & carry a matching enderpouch. I export to enderchests with things like fertilizer & charcoal to keep remote machines full as well.
Or use translocators linking a ME interface set to autocraft/otherwise keep stuff in it's inventory and an ender chest/pouch pair. With a diamond nugget on the translocator on the ender chest you can keep a specific number of items in the chest. Useful if you want to use the same pattern for all your item teleportation needs. I have used the same ender chest color for all my tree farms, my remote power gen, and to keep mining/caving supplies like torches and stone.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Export bus set to "always craft", and an import bus on the machine to remove the items from it thereby making room for more to be created. At least, this worked on Unleashed. No need for an ME interface.
There is no machine. The idea with the Me interface is that the Export bus queues the craft and then injects the item directly back into the network. Sure you could have the Export bus export into a chest and then put Import bus on the chest, but what would be the point? It takes up more space, might take up more power(not sure about this one) and has limited bandwidth. With the ME interface you can stick multiple Export bus onto it. You could also have long rows of Export bus exporting into pipes that leads into the single ME interface.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
There is no machine. The idea with the Me interface is that the Export bus queues the craft and then injects the item directly back into the network. Sure you could have the Export bus export into a chest and then put Import bus on the chest, but what would be the point? It takes up more space, might take up more power(not sure about this one) and has limited bandwidth. With the ME interface you can stick multiple Export bus onto it. You could also have long rows of Export bus exporting into pipes that leads into the single ME interface
Yeah, my bad. I used to auto-craft by using the old xycraft replicator with the export and import buses to deal with small piles of dust. Never knew the ME Interfaces could be used this way.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The interfaces are really counterintuitive. Who actually sets the export config expecting it to keep those things in itself instead of passing them into an attached inventory? I've watched the tutorials & that still gets me.

Reactions: RedBoss

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The interfaces are really counterintuitive. Who actually sets the export config expecting it to keep those things in itself instead of passing them into an attached inventory? I've watched the tutorials & that still gets me.
I think that is minded for use with LP pipes mostly. You set it to constantly stock items and them put a supplier pipe on it. But I use them for loads of different things. Small things like at my bee breeding place. I set it to stock 3 rocky drones and 3 chocolate frames all the time. Really easy access and it will automatically craft more when needed. And in addition it works in reverse so I can dump unwanted items into it aswell.
Also Thaumcraft golems will see it as a normal chest. Set it to stock Phials, put a marker under it and your Golem attending your TC3 Cauldron will replenish his Phials from it, while it will automatically call for more to be crafted from the MAC.