Autocrafting table next to barrel is eating items

kcbanner

Jul 29, 2019
This is my setup:

uC7qU.png

The autocrafting table is set to make capsules (3 beeswax), and then a sorting machine pulls out the capsules from the barrel on the left. The problem is that if there is less than 3 beeswax in the left barrel, they just slowly disappear and go nowhere (no capsules are produced), they do not pop out somewhere either. How do I avoid this behavior?

Initially I thought it was because I was piping from the top of the table, so I moved it to the side; the same behavior occurred.

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that you are able to get the table to extract materials from the sides of the barrel is interesting. Try placing the wax barrel over the table and see if that fixes it.

kcbanner

Jul 29, 2019
Putting it below the barrel has the same behavior, if I put 1 beeswax into the barrel, after a few seconds it disappears going nowhere.

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested this myself, and also getting the same results. Must be a bug, I guess you'll have to use a chest for now.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I found out redpower tubes will also put items into a barrel from the bottom if the item is traveling past an empty barrel bottom.

Sinxar

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I wish I would have seen this before setting up a system to autocraft uranium cells... lost over 10 stacks of uranium. I had a similar setup where it would pull single cells from a barrel then make them into dual cells and output into other [upgraded] barrels. They get to the first barrel then disappear when the autocrafting table pulls them out.

It was working fine at first. A few mins later i noticed there were still only 15 dual cells in the barrel and all my uranium, cells and copper plates were gone. Not cool.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that SUCKS, did you cheat everything back in?

I'm not sure what mod pack your using, but if you have XYcraft you should get rid of that auto craft table for fabricators. Same basic idea but it shouldn't eat your stuff.

Sinxar

Jul 29, 2019
Nah I didn't cheat it in. I was considering it but since its all so easy to come by its not that big of a deal. It's just not something I expected to happen. I use FTB Lite with gravisuits, enderstorage, twilightforest and a few other mods. its basically DW20 without Xycraft or AE.

Hopefully others see this but its unlikely since people won't search for it until after it happened.