Auto wither killing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

JohnThePro

So i tried to create a wither farm.how i done it using glass proof glass blocks and the idea is the wither spawn on top of building drops down and killed.but when i try to use autonames things to spawn them it builds one block high or down then i want,and the item conduit wont work on the soul sand channel.and ideas?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Your post is a bit hard to parse, so I'm just going to tell you how I have mine set up:

Two RFTools Shield Projectors. Red Shield templates for the floor, then the walls and ceiling as blue. 5x5x5 interior. Projector for floor is solid for everything, Projector for walls and ceiling is set to pass for players, and SolidDamage for hostile mobs.
^This can be replaced by your wither containing and killing system of choice.

Inside the wither containment system, I have reinforced obsidian in the wither pattern (1 block, then 3 blocks above, then 3 blocks above), one block back of center. You'll want to note which cardinal direction the center is relative to these blocks.

Outside containment, I have seven phantom placers, bound to each of the reinforced obsidian and set to pulse. You can either load them up directly with the relevant item or pipe it in however you wish.

Now, to control it, I used EnderIO insulated redstone conduits, one channel for the soulsand placers, and another for the wither skull placers. The reason I have two separate channels is that I had issues with the placers if I didn't slightly delay the placement of the skulls after placing the sand. In my case, I had a Super Circuit Maker circuit with a Quartz Resonator to delay the redstone signal to the placers for the skulls. Very simple circuit, just an input, a straight connection to an output, and a split off to the side for another output with a resonator in between, set to a delay of 5 ticks.

Hope that helps a bit.

J

JohnThePro

Yeah sorry for my english.
For killing im good im using draconic evolution mob grinder
The only problem i had it placing the blocks,and because of hardcore wither mod he killed my cow,bobby.
:-:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I don´t know what modpack you are playing on but you stated that you have draconic evolution. So I assume you are playing or infinity light or DW20... 1.10.

What I did for wither killer is:

Spawning Room:

Floor = 2x3 blocks big Draconig Evolution portal with destination set to the "Killing Room"
Back Wall = 7 x auto placer from Actually Additions
I then set up the auto placers so that they put soul sand and heads in the correct position.

I did also ran into the problem of heads beeing put one block lower, I figgured that if I put a 4 tick delay on those auto placers this helps since the soul sand will always be placed before the heads.

Killing Room:
3x3 room with reinfored obsidian or reinforced material of your wish.
Mob Grinder in front and a Vacoum Chest for picking up the stuff.

I use the killing room also for all my other spawners. I just have a set of spawners in a room that has a portal in the floor so all mobs will end up in the same room and getting killed.