Auto-smelt Fortune interaction?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

tinky-winky

In FTB Beyond, auto-smelt and fortune dont seem to be working even with the option enabled in the Tinker's Construct config file, is there something I am missing in a different config file or is it disabled entirely?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Are you maxxed out on fortune (aka luck)?

Low level luck can seem like you are not getting anything extra... RNG is not anyone's friend :)

T

tinky-winky

I have checked multiple times, I get extra on things that do not require auto smelt, such as redstone or lapis, while things that get auto smelted such as iron or gold, I do not get any extra at all.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Fortune does not affect blocks that drop themselves like iron and gold ore. This is a vanilla mechanic. This is true even for modded items like a Tinkers pickaxe.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Fortune does not affect blocks that drop themselves like iron and gold ore. This is a vanilla mechanic. This is true even for modded items like a Tinkers pickaxe.

While that is true, .. According to Tinkers Constructs own documentation, its fortune should effect the drops you get from auto-smelt.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
And that was true in 1.7.10. Not sure if that is the same with TiC2. I always was more of silk touch user. Then used an ore processing plant to generate the best returns. Also auto smelt options like that will not give you secondary outputs like the sag mill and other methods give you.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I agree with Henry Link. In the end the only thing I usually end up using autoSmelt for is for terrain deforestation clearing for the charcoal to put into my early industrialization.

For Ore collection you lose to much potential by autoSmelting on harvest.