Auto Egg Collection.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
3x3x1 pond with a vanilla hopper in place of the centre block one or two lower than the pond, the chickens float but eggs fall into hopper from there add to your system as you like, with the water flow the chickens are forced to the centre & cant escape. just came up with this one add conveyor belts under the pond to move eggs to a collection point, not tested but should work.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
3x3x1 pond with a vanilla hopper in place of the centre block one or two lower than the pond, the chickens float but eggs fall into hopper from there add to your system as you like, with the water flow the chickens are forced to the centre & cant escape. just came up with this one add conveyor belts under the pond to move eggs to a collection point, not tested but should work.

I don't know about others, but a chicken farm + water always causes huge sound lagg for me, so much that that chunk would lagg the hell out of me.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about others, but a chicken farm + water always causes huge sound lagg for me, so much that that chunk would lagg the hell out of me.
yep valid point I have a pretty good gaming rig & liquids still bring down my fps, scratch all above :p.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised no one had mentioned this , the wiki is wrong with transposers or at least misleading , a transposers will not pick up a 3x3 area below is what it will do
Y: yes pick up
N: will not pick up
T: transposer

NYN
YTY
NYN

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised no one had mentioned this , the wiki is wrong with transposers or at least misleading , a transposers will not pick up a 3x3 area below is what it will do
Y: yes pick up
N: will not pick up
T: transposer

NYN
YTY
NYN
Um, yeah it will.
I do it all the time.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I do to. Guude even had a video on it unless a recent update changed this mechanic . My farm has been built for a while

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
weird i made a new world for testing and this worked. I watched guude video when they first started doing ftb and there was video proof it wasnt picking up. i tested this too and it didnt work, but not it does. weird ok so im wrong sorry

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Well, here's a new one about transposers...if a chicken walks on it, they fall in and die. I have a floored area where chickens are bred, the babies are supposed to be moved underneath and get killed when they grow. The main floor has transposers to funnel eggs and one sewage collector. Unfortunately, all my chickens died because they walked onto a transposer and fell in.

And the problem with using Obsidian Pipes is that chickens will go between then if pushed. I've seen it.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
How do I kill them with a grinder? Want to be able to have a control group of 12 or 14 to breed and lay eggs and the babies are allowed to grow until killed.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Do you have MFR installed? It has a block called the chronotyper. It allows you to sort mobs based on age.. So you can move babies out of the breeding pen automatically. To let grow into adults then another chronotyper pulls those adults into a third pen to either be grinded by the mob grinder or w/e method u want to use to kill them...

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
It's installed, but I'm back to square one as to how to collect the eggs. Does the breeder ignore signs in the way?

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
If you are using MFR and the breeder/chrono type method you dont need the eggs at all. The breeder automatically feeds them seeds (got to put them in their of course) and makes baby chicks that way. So the eggs just get laid and do nothing.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
The chickens make eggs naturally.. So if you line their floor with obsidian pipes they shouldnt die and shouldnt fall through.. This way you dont need water or anything either. You will need to make sure you iron pipes underneath are setup correctly...

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
The chickens make eggs naturally.. So if you line their floor with obsidian pipes they shouldnt die and shouldnt fall through.. This way you dont need water or anything either. You will need to make sure you iron pipes underneath are setup correctly...

Just tested that in my test work and they DO go between the pipes. I placed down 16 obsidian pipes connected to a grid of cobblestone transport pipes. The rig was enclosed on stone and I spawned 16 chickens...they went between the pipes upon landing.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Well, here's a new one about transposers...if a chicken walks on it, they fall in and die. I have a floored area where chickens are bred, the babies are supposed to be moved underneath and get killed when they grow. The main floor has transposers to funnel eggs and one sewage collector. Unfortunately, all my chickens died because they walked onto a transposer and fell in.

And the problem with using Obsidian Pipes is that chickens will go between then if pushed. I've seen it.

Had that same trouble when I built mine.
Just drop the Transposer down one and place a block on top. I used glass.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Had that same trouble when I built mine.
Just drop the Transposer down one and place a block on top. I used glass.

Do the chickens ever escape their confinement? Wondering if I can enclose them in glass.

BTW, testing your idea.