Auto bucket filler.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Since Redpower isn't out yet, I need a way to automatically fill buckets and send them to where I want...for example: a Peat Bog Machine to create Peat. Will have an Auto Crafter to Bog Earth and transport it to the Peat Bog Machine. Is there such a device?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Cells too. And the best part, it can empty the cells, cans and capsules without destroying them.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Meldiron: yay for efficiency!
Furious: better to use buckets. Cells will waste a lot of tin.

Not if you have an abundance of Tin. I was thinking along the lines of having 20 cells going to the auto crafter to combine with dirt and sand to create 8 blocks of Bog Earth. With a bucket, you only get 6. And I would cycle the empty cells back to the Liquid Transposer.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, man. I'd use the buckets. Even if you have a lot of tin, it's not a renewable resource, and why waste it if you don't have to? It's not like the water in the buckets can't be refilled infinitely, and you could use the constant drain on your tin to build other things instead. Also, the cells in the Bog Earth recipe won't return empty cells. They'll destroy the cells.​

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I don't know, man. I'd use the buckets. Even if you have a lot of tin, it's not a renewable resource, and why waste it if you don't have to? It's not like the water in the buckets can't be refilled infinitely, and you could use the constant drain on your tin to build other things instead. Also, the cells in the Bog Earth recipe won't return empty cells. They'll destroy the cells.​

True, true. Will have to see how much tin I get. Had to restart my world as the one I had got corrupted and generated blocks in the world that you can only get from crafting.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I did to get bog earth (the precursor to peat):
  1. Set up automatic crafting table with chests for the dirt and sand
  2. Craft a turtle and place on a side of the autocrafting table
Dig out a 3x1x2 (lxwxh) hole and put an infinite water source in the bottom 3
Code:
D T D  /\
D  D  ||
DWWWD  UP

D = Dirt/Stone
T = Turtle
W = Water
[*] Place an bucket in the first slot of the turtle and an empty bucket in the last slot of the turtle
[*] Run "edit startup" and place in there the following
Code:
while true do
  if turtle.compareTo(16) then
    turtle.placeDown()
  end
  sleep(5)
end
[*] Save then exit (Use the 'Ctrl' key to access the menu). Then type reboot. Your turtle should refill the bucket for you and the autocrafting table should use the bucket.

Setup:
2012-12-04_14.15.49.png

Note: Screenshot was done on a custom 1.4.5 game that includes XyCraft. Soratex Fanver is the texture pack.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
That's interesting. The BC wiki says that the crafting table can't pull ingredients from more than one chest. I've been working with that knowledge since day one. Has this changed at some point?

"In addition, the Automatic Crafting Table is unable to draw the resources it needs if they come from more than one chest (for example, placing sticks in one chest and iron in a different chest will NOT allow the table to create iron pickaxes); all recipe resources must be contained in the same chest."

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
That's interesting. The BC wiki says that the crafting table can't pull ingredients from more than one chest. I've been working with that knowledge since day one. Has this changed at some point?

"In addition, the Automatic Crafting Table is unable to draw the resources it needs if they come from more than one chest (for example, placing sticks in one chest and iron in a different chest will NOT allow the table to create iron pickaxes); all recipe resources must be contained in the same chest."
It may be something that was changed between BC2 and BC3.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Programming Turtles are like programming Java for me...I know absolutely nothing about it. so I'll try and cobble together s system where one farms waste gets transported to where it can be turn into useful items for another farm.