Autarchic Gate Problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.. here goes...
I have a steves carts Cargo manager currently set to be a pure refueling station meaning it will only ever unload coal to the cart.
I have a buildcraft pipe connected to a Barrel with charcoal.

I have an autarchic gate on the Barrel side, set to pulse when the pipe wire is on.

I have an Iron AND Gate on the side with the Cargo manager set send the pipe wire signal when: A. The inventory has room, and B. the Pipe has no items traversing.

To my understanding the gate won't do either until both conditions are met, however the "room in inventory" condition is just pumping that signal on without the 2nd condition being met.
The pipe being empty is also not working until an item passes the EXACT section of pipe the autarchic gate is on...

It seems insanely buggy.

How do i get them to function properly? or what pipes can i use as an alternative, to pull an item from a barrel when there is room for the item (without potential for overflow, like BC pipes(and please dont say make a BC Pipe loop))
FTB Monster

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
1.6.4? Can't help ya there. Not easily, anyway, since even if I update BC, Monster won't get an update.

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
yea, monsters v1.1.1 MC ver.1.6.4
just the default setup when you launch with the launcher

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utilities Item transfer nodes and pipes seem to be doing a good job for me now, they do however search for nearby inventories, hopefully this doesnt cause lag is i start using these in large quantities over BC Pipes

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok.. here goes...
I have a steves carts Cargo manager currently set to be a pure refueling station meaning it will only ever unload coal to the cart.
I have a buildcraft pipe connected to a Barrel with charcoal.

I have an autarchic gate on the Barrel side, set to pulse when the pipe wire is on.

I have an Iron AND Gate on the side with the Cargo manager set send the pipe wire signal when: A. The inventory has room, and B. the Pipe has no items traversing.

To my understanding the gate won't do either until both conditions are met, however the "room in inventory" condition is just pumping that signal on without the 2nd condition being met.
The pipe being empty is also not working until an item passes the EXACT section of pipe the autarchic gate is on...

It seems insanely buggy.

How do i get them to function properly? or what pipes can i use as an alternative, to pull an item from a barrel when there is room for the item (without potential for overflow, like BC pipes(and please dont say make a BC Pipe loop))
FTB Monster
I would use something like Logistic Pipes along with your BC pipes. You can use them to keep certain amounts of items in stock in inventories.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Majority of my item transport solutions in Monster ended up using EnderIO conduits. They respond to redstone on either end of the pipeline, item transport is instant (so no backstuffing or overflowing), and they come with built in filters.

Your particular instance, you could use the lower tier item conduits (1 iron and 1 ender pearl makes 24 conduits, IIRC). You could filter the output (into your manager) for charcoal and leave it as a simple push system from the barrel. Due to the way conduits handle, it would only send items once the target inventory has space.