Aura Node/Silverwood Tree Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hideyholeman

Jul 29, 2019
After recently setting up I noticed that the area I was in had absolutely no vis is the air, so I went for looking for some silverwood saplings to grow a tree/node. After waiting for a very long time without it growing I found on the wiki that silverwood saplings need 100 vis to grow and since I'm nowhere near any nodes it refuses to grow. Will I have to make a chain of silverwood trees to my home or is there an easier method?

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know whether or not it's normal to find an area with no vis, but a couple of times I've had my world save get messed up (from mod pack updates, enabling/disabling mods, changing configs, etc.) and my aura nodes got wiped out. There's an option in Thaumcraft config to regenerate aura nodes if the same thing happened to you as happened to me.

hideyholeman

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know whether or not it's normal to find an area with no vis, but a couple of times I've had my world save get messed up (from mod pack updates, enabling/disabling mods, changing configs, etc.) and my aura nodes got wiped out. There's an option in Thaumcraft config to regenerate aura nodes if the same thing happened to you as happened to me.
Thanks! After seeing this I went searching through the config file and found it, it works perfectly, I can't thank you enough for this! :)

glennox

Jul 29, 2019
could you please give a more detailed description about the config file?

My wand wasnt charging so ive been asking for help at the chat and someone said i should be near a silverwood tree. This made charge my wand.. but then ive wanted to get some silverwood saplings.. and cutted the trees down.

But i didnt receive any saplings so i have a problem now. I progressed to much in the world to start over.
how to fix this problem?

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. There are comments in Thaumcraft.cfg that should help you find your way around it, but the short version goes like this: Find the world_regeneration block (it's near the bottom of the file for me), replace B:aura_nodes=false with B:aura_nodes=true, and change S:regen_key=DEFAULT to something else (I used S:regen_key=NOT_DEFAULT, but it's an arbitrary string identifier so you can stick whatever you want into it). After having done that, any already-generated chunks that get loaded will have their aura nodes recreated, and your wand should be able to charge again.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to get Aura nodes to spawn in Twilight Forest? I would love to make a permanent base there.