Aura and You: All About Thaumcraft 3 Aura Mechanics

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So the problem is: I managed to drain out all Nodes nearby my base. (I didn't really understand how nodes work until i realized that they are gone)
I think crystal clusters will re-charge the nodes. They aren't gone, they're just empty. It might take a while, and will generate a ton of flux in the process so get your wisp defences up, and lightning-proof everything.

Reactions: Wiggiewubbla

Wiggiewubbla

Jul 29, 2019
If that's true, that would be awesome. All my roofs are stone, that should not be a problem. How do i defend myself against wisps? :D

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
If that's true, that would be awesome. All my roofs are stone, that should not be a problem. How do i defend myself against wisps? :D
I use the turrets from the Portal Gun mod, mounted in iron bar cages around the edge of a glass box surrounding my node. Spawn, rat-a-tat-tat, gone. High Energy Pellet Launchers should work as well, but they can be hazardous.

Reactions: Wiggiewubbla

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, recharging nodes with clusters does not in itself create flux, but when those nodes hit 100% they'll keep on charging up to something like 110% - and overcharging does produce flux.

Since larger nodes can automatically feed smaller nodes, but the opposite isn't true, you want to have your clusters sitting next to the node with the biggest maximum capacity around.

Wiggiewubbla

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so far! My Thaumometer showed me one node that was created by a silverwood tree, so i charged that up first. The Thaumometer does not find the other, bigger nodes anymore though. should i just place the crystal clusters where i think they were?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect Thamcraft has bugged out and deleted the other nodes. It tends to do that.

Get some goggles and see if you can find the others. The goggles should display stats for the node closest to you (though if no node is in range they simply display the details of the last node that was, which can be misleading). They also let you outright see the nodes in the world.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
So the nodes got deleted, nice .__. Alright, i will need a lot of silverwood now :D
That will work. ... If you're lucky. Technically Silverwoods need a minimum amount of aura in the environment to grow from a sapling into a tree, and if there's no nodes nearby to provide the ambient aura, they'll never grow.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
There is a way to force Thaumcraft to re-generate aura nodes. Not sure what though, probably something you delete. It will give you a fresh set of random nodes that are based on the biome types, so jungles tend to get the biggest nodes and deserts the smallest.

Wiggiewubbla

Jul 29, 2019
I use the turrets from the Portal Gun mod, mounted in iron bar cages around the edge of a glass box surrounding my node. Spawn, rat-a-tat-tat, gone. High Energy Pellet Launchers should work as well, but they can be hazardous.

I just logged in MC and spawned right next to the node. HOLY MOLY. There were Wisps EVERYWHERE :D The node is now at 64/58 (as Bomb Bloke said) and building turrets was a really great idea. Thanks. Wispy essence en masse :p
That will work. ... If you're lucky. Technically Silverwoods need a minimum amount of aura in the environment to grow from a sapling into a tree, and if there's no nodes nearby to provide the ambient aura, they'll never grow.

As i said, i am planning to make a trail silverwood from the nearest bigger node into my area. I will then try to merge these silverwood nodes.

Thanks so far, everyone! I really appreciate your help!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
When I was repairing the nodes that were trashed by Thaumcraft deleting them all and creating new ones (after I had built up a node to around 600), I just re-built my main node by cheating in silverwood saplings and Hoes of Growth. And I didn't feel a little bit bad about it, as I was repairing bug damage.