Atomic Science Fusion Reactor Help?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PossessedGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I my brother, two friends, and I were playing Tekkit and we made a Fusion Reactor and let a Resonant Energy Cell charge but its not working can someone plz help us? Srry Idk how to do spoilers.
Top:
2014-08-31_15.13.34.png
Side:
2014-08-31_15.13.43.png
Front:
2014-08-31_15.15.20.png
Back:
2014-08-31_15.15.11.png

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
[NB the last time I made one of these was in 1.5, so this may be out of date]

You shouldn't have water on multiple levels, your reactor layout is probably unworkable (but I can't see properly from that picture). All the electromagnet channels you want to generate plasma in need to be on the same level as the reactor block itself as far as I'm aware. Then you put the water on top of this. The aim is to make an infinite water source around your electromagnets as the reactor boils water source blocks off and the gap needs to be refilled :)

And your turbine layout is likewise all wrong. Steam in air moves up, therefore turbines need to be ABOVE the water you want your reactor to turn into steam. You want to completely cover the surface of the water pool with turbines. Once you do this, you can use 3x3 squares of turbines to make big turbines which generate more power (just right click the middle one with a wrench).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: buggirlexpres