Whitelist Server Atlas|direwolf20 v1.0.16|Whitelisted|small friendly community

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Tanishalfelven

Jul 29, 2019
NOTICE: due to a hosting company mishap(them not us) the server IP has been changed, i will be PM-ing people to give the new adress ASAP. the world and pack are still the same so rest assured of that much.

Intro
Welcome to Atlas, a small friendly server currently running the Direwolf20 modpack.
while the server is fairly new, there is currently a lot of work being done to build the spawn area etc. The server is usually up unless we are updating/editing configs .
a few things to note:
  • We have gravity guns and portal guns set to require fuel, this is in the form of glowstone dust and enderpearl dust respectively.
  • While we do have plugins on the server, i do not run the server myself so i do not know whats on, i just advertise.
  • We aim to be friendly and equal in our judgements, that said, not all of our staff are as forgiving as some, and neither i nor any of the other staff or owner will undo someone elses ban.
Rules
  • Be polite, we are friendly, not a bunch of swearbear savages, you wont be banned for swearing, but dont push your luck, it gets annoying to everyone.
  • NO WORLD EATERS! i mean it, we will find them, and erase them. no means no. they create a lot of lag, they ruin the landscape, they can mine through peoples bases. breaking this rule will mean an instant ban.
  • use the mining age for large scale mining, that said, please dont use Buildcraft quarries, they make lag, use ender-quarries instead please.
  • No abusing portal/gravity guns, we know they can move blocks so please dont go misusing them, again, this is likely to mean an instant ban.
  • be cautious with TNT/reactors/things that go boom, you dont know whos near you, unshielded reactors will be deleted if found, proper shielding means at least 3 layers of reinforced stone.
  • We do not accept griefing on the server, mild, nondestructive pranks are fun and fine, but leave the destruction and carnage out of it. PvP may be enabled, but only use in self defence.
  • For server reasons we must also ask that you avoid making mystcraft ages, if you make them, we will delete them, this is purely to keep the server running as smooth as possible.
  • If you are about ask for mod privelages, best bet is to just assume you already asked and we already said no. i have run Admin on several servers before and it gets really annoying.
more rules may be added at a later time.

application guidelines
simply leave a reply here with the following form completed:
forum name:
IGN(ingame name):
why you want to join: please keep this short, if i have to read paragraphs on why you wish to join, i'll ignore you.
what can you bring to our server?:
do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them? (if your answer is no, dont bother submitting)

the Admins
Maliece (owner)
TanisHalfelven (Advertiser)
more to come.

other
the IP will only be given to successful applicants, if after a week since applying you do not get a response, assume you did not succeed.

Last edited:

bluechiken0funk1

Jul 29, 2019
forum name:bluechiken0funk1
IGN(ingame name): bluechiken0funk
why you want to join: Trying to get back into FTB, looking for a server to play on. I like your set of rules, they seem to give a lot of freedom
what can you bring to our server?: Someone who will be able to commit a lot of time and effort into having fun and being part of the community
do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them? Of course

mjmac

Jul 29, 2019
application guidelines
simply leave a reply here with the following form completed:
forum name: mjmac
IGN(ingame name): mjmac85
why you want to join: Looking for a small server with good people. I like to play socially and have a group that I look forward to seeing on a regular basis.
what can you bring to our server?: I like to play with other people and find that working on projects with others is the best way to play the game. I am a regular player and am willing to help with group projects and just make the server a better place for everyone.
do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them? (if your answer is no, dont bother submitting)
Yes.

Maleice

Jul 29, 2019
Nyan Nyan!

Plugin wise we currently have:

Essentials, LWC(as some players may not understand forcefields etc... like me), PermissionsEX, ProtectionStones(again some players and such might not understand forcefields), World border(currently a 3000 blocks but will expand when we have a player base), WorldEdit and Guard.

If you have any other ideas/suggestions then please just let us know, expansion and improvement is always a must.
BUUUUUT Player happiness is always a priority! ^-^

Nyan Nyan! See Ya'z!

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Forum name: vertagen

Ingame name: vertagen

Why do I wanna join: I want to play with a close community, where you dont need to vote to recieve money/protection and such and be afraid of griefers.

What can I bring to the server: I can bring some nifty contraptions, good attitude and help to whoever needs it( if anyone)

Do I agree ith the rules: Yes, the only thing I didnt understand were the world eaters, which I looked themup, and apperently they are machines like the one Dw20 is building in his SP world ATM, but I cant build them either ways so yes, I do agree with the ruls.

Fortrest

Jul 29, 2019
forum name:Fortrest
IGN(ingame name):Fortrest13
why you want to join: want to experience thaumcraft 4 and ic2
what can you bring to our server?: ic2 knowledge
do you agree to the rules: Yes...of course

Last edited:

Cricton

Jul 29, 2019
forum name:Cricton
IGN(ingame name):Cricton
why you want to join: I love modded minecraft and with more people its even more fun
what can you bring to our server?: some automation, mainly with computer craft
do you agree to the rules: Of course

Last edited:

shadowed420

Jul 29, 2019
IGN(ingame name):Shadowed420
why you want to join: please keep this short, if i have to read paragraphs on why you wish to join, i'll ignore you.
what can you bring to our server?:Looking to get back into FTB i have always been a community oriented builder and love creating complex contraptions but i am not that great at stylish buildings
do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them? (if your answer is no, dont bother submitting)Fair enough

Maleice

Jul 29, 2019
IGN(ingame name):Shadowed420
what can you bring to our server?:Looking to get back into FTB i have always been a community oriented builder and love creating complex contraptions but i am not that great at stylish buildings
do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them? (if your answer is no, dont bother submitting)Fair enough
Nyan Nyan! You haven't filled this out very well, I think you may have answered two parts in one but I'm not sure and you haven't answered if you accept our rules.

shadowed420

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont realize i have answered if i accept the rules then i dont want to join your server sorry

Maleice

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont realize i have answered if i accept the rules then i dont want to join your server sorry
Nyan Nyan?
I don't understand what you've just said I'm afraid. In the rules acceptance you have answered "Fair enough", I don't regard this as a yes or no, I'm sorry but you aren't clear enough with it.

CGasper

Jul 29, 2019
Server Name: CGasper
Ign: CGasper
Why you want to join this server: Join a community with nice people, know'em, build some thing, aaaand maybe have some fun. :)
what can you bring to our server?: Some building :-D And some friendship too.
do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them?: Yes, i read and i accept it.

EnderWheatly97

Jul 29, 2019
forum name:
EnderWheatly97

IGN(ingame name):
tom3519

why you want to join:
I recently got re-interested to ftb and I am now looking for a non-grief survival server with good staff and few banned items

Someone who will spend a lot of time on the server and will try to socialize with other people on the server and I will try to help other people on the server. I am also very good with many of the mods in the modpack

do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them?
yes, but I have a question if you can use a linking book from mystcraft, but I agree to the rules either way and understand that if I do not follow them I will be banned.

Last edited:

Trainguyrom

Jul 29, 2019
Forum name:

Trainguyrom

IGN(ingame name):

Trainguyrom

Why do you want to join:

Well, I am a retired server admin, and I'm starting to miss playing with real people, so I'm looking for a nice server to call home. I've been using mods since Beta 1.8 and Minecraft itself since Beta 1.7. Vanilla never could keep me interested for more than a few days at a time, so I'm pretty much strictly modded.

What can you bring to our server?:

I spend a lot of time gaming, and I am a Visual Communications student, so I could easily aid with graphic design or web design, as well as just being a friendly face who will probably be online for a reasonable amount of time.

Do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them?

Of course! Since I have experience as an admin, I know that there are good reasons for the rules, and breaking them is just dumb.

I'm sure you're wondering why I retired as an admin, or more importantly, was I *ehem* forced to retire. What happened was that my playerbase started dwindling as we the staff were getting busy and I was tired of having to worry what would go horribly wrong any time I left the computer. Finally we just decided to call it quits. Now I'm just looking for somewhere to unwind. I have no interest in pursuing a staff position with any major responsibilities, as that is what started everything last time. Just somewhere to relax and play Minecraft, is all I want.

Tanishalfelven

Jul 29, 2019
forum name:
EnderWheatly97

IGN(ingame name):
tom3519

why you want to join:
I recently got re-interested to ftb and I am now looking for a non-grief survival server with good staff and few banned items

Someone who will spend a lot of time on the server and will try to socialize with other people on the server and I will try to help other people on the server. I am also very good with many of the mods in the modpack

do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them?
yes, but I have a question if you can use a linking book from mystcraft, but I agree to the rules either way and understand that if I do not follow them I will be banned.

EnderWheaty97,
you can freely use linking books and even crystal portals(we use them both in spawn), i'm curently working on getting a system going so you can get the crystal blocks to make the portals. we just dont allow the use of descriptive books for server stability reasons(if everyone keeps making new ages the server will run out of memory very quickly and start crashing).

Forum name:

Trainguyrom

IGN(ingame name):

Trainguyrom

Why do you want to join:

Well, I am a retired server admin, and I'm starting to miss playing with real people, so I'm looking for a nice server to call home. I've been using mods since Beta 1.8 and Minecraft itself since Beta 1.7. Vanilla never could keep me interested for more than a few days at a time, so I'm pretty much strictly modded.

What can you bring to our server?:

I spend a lot of time gaming, and I am a Visual Communications student, so I could easily aid with graphic design or web design, as well as just being a friendly face who will probably be online for a reasonable amount of time.

Do you agree to abide by the rules set above and to any further amendments that may be made to them?

Of course! Since I have experience as an admin, I know that there are good reasons for the rules, and breaking them is just dumb.

I'm sure you're wondering why I retired as an admin, or more importantly, was I *ehem* forced to retire. What happened was that my playerbase started dwindling as we the staff were getting busy and I was tired of having to worry what would go horribly wrong any time I left the computer. Finally we just decided to call it quits. Now I'm just looking for somewhere to unwind. I have no interest in pursuing a staff position with any major responsibilities, as that is what started everything last time. Just somewhere to relax and play Minecraft, is all I want.

Trainguyrom,
nice application, nice to see you have experience as an admin, it shows you clearly understand why we have the rules. Also, we really arent bothered about your past history as an admin, if you wanna play the game, you wanna play the game, so long as you understand we arent looking for the staff.

both of y'all have very strong applications and will very likely get added to our whitelist. i'll bring it to the owners attention ASAP(most likely tomorrow as thats when we have our weekly D&D game) so hopefully we'll see you ingame soon

Last edited: