Asteroids In the End

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so i've found numerous tiny floating islands in the end (away from the man landmass). Each island usually contains a vein of tungstate ore, sodalite, olivine and about 4-6 blocks of sheldonite. Sheldonite has been a godsend, in terms of producing iridium, and has helped me get my gravichestplate....which int turn makes getting sheldonite even easier.

Now, i'm pretty sure these are not asteroids. According to the GT wiki, they appear once in every 100 chunks (approx), and every 25th of these asteroids is rich with resources. The small islands i find seem more common and i've found clusters of them within a 10 chunk radius.

My question is: Can anyone verify what an asteroid is, or if anyone has found one (description please)?

ATJ

Jul 29, 2019
Are these islands in the beta pack as well? Or just the other packs?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Are these islands in the beta pack as well? Or just the other packs?

Just mindcrack as far as the packs go. The beta uses an old version unless it was updated.

@OP no idea personally. I've never found more than 4 sheldonite on any asteroid and the other minerals are pretty useless by the time I bothered to find an end portal so it seems a bit weird. The distances might also include height distance but who knows.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
My question is: Can anyone verify what an asteroid is, or if anyone has found one (description please)?

You've found the description yourself, the asteroids are added by GT as a place to find some ores it added. Specifically one that leads, after some processing, to Iridium.

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
You've found the description yourself, the asteroids are added by GT as a place to find some ores it added. Specifically one that leads, after some processing, to Iridium.

sure, but given greg's own explanation of their rarity, i was confused as to what i was looking for. if those ARE asteroids, i'm a little disappointed. i had pictured something more substantial.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
sure, but given greg's own explanation of their rarity, i was confused as to what i was looking for. if those ARE asteroids, i'm a little disappointed. i had pictured something more substantial.
If it's away from the main massive landmass, and it has Olivine, Tungstate, Sodalite, or Sheldonite, it's an asteroid.