AS: Laser Drill not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure there's nothing below my base, it also says shooting into the void is valid. Is there a config that I need to set in order to be able to shoot into the void?

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
I did read somewhere that it works better above 125. You could try that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Works better, heh. I am aware of the efficiency thing, but it should work regardless. In my Unleashed world, I have mine @ y = 50.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have prechargers shooting at it? Is there an empty block between the precharger and the drill? Do you have a chest on top of the laser drill? A screenshot would really help.

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Also if there is anything in the way all all like a torch or a multi block it won't work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
snip.. Unleashed world.. snip

hm was thinking that might be a version that couldn't yet fire into the void of mfr, but the modpack listing claims it is 2.6.4-975, and the laser drill could use the void from 2.6.1 onwards. gonna need a shot of the setup and/or listing of changes from default pack for anyone to do more than stab in the dark really.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Also is it possible that you just happened to build it directly above one of the Thaumcraft nodes that are scattered down at Y=8? I'm not certain but think that would stop it form working.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Also is it possible that you just happened to build it directly above one of the Thaumcraft nodes that are scattered down at Y=8? I'm not certain but think that would stop it form working.
This is what I'm thinking. I'll just have to rearrange my wiring system. Trying to get AE/energy conduits/liquiducts/itemducts all to fit nicely, requires some engineering practice >_>. Breaking TC nodes not really an option. That until I get a perch spawner and I can go nuts with silverwood trees.