Ars Magica & Direwolf 20 Install Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cycloneium

Jul 29, 2019
I get this error When I try to Install Ars Magic to the direwolf 20 pack. Anybody Know how to fix it?

"Intel
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Sphax PureBDCraft 128x.zip
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerControl.setupBlocks(RedPowerControl.java:117)
at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerControl.load(RedPowerControl.java:50)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:485)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:657)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:456)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT e1b266b1 ----------"

If you need the top half of the error, I can provide it. Sorry I don't know how to add spoilers or similar elements.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The entire log will be most helpful. If you could post it to pastebin.com and link the paste URL, it will be easier to read

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably experiencing errors because its attempting to load the Ars Magica mod without the required MCore coremod which is disabled, according to your log.
log said:
ArsMagica [Ars Magica] (ArsMagica_5.36.040-Universal.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
log said:
MCore [MCore] (coremods) Unloaded->Disabled

EDIT: DAMN! Did a bit of reading on the Ars Magica post. Looks like ID issues might be aroused, check your configs to ensure that no ID conflicts are going to be possible.

Mithion said:
Known Bugs:
  • Meteor jump does not work in creative mode
  • MCore shows up as disabled in the mods list, but works fine
Known Mod Incompatibilities
These will be worked on (if possible)!
  • Redpower (IDs only - config file can be used to fix this)
  • Thermal Expansion (IDs only - config file can be used to fix this)

Reactions: Cycloneium

Cycloneium

Jul 29, 2019
Dang, It would help if I knew what Id's I needed to change. Usually the minecraft crash report tells me.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
Just compare redpower & thermal expansion config files with the ars magica one, then change values on the ars magica one.

Cycloneium

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, Is there a good way to tell what Id's are free? Also, do I have to have a certain range for Items and a separate range for blocks?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that Ars Magica is not particularly stable when installed alongside other Forge mods so using it at all might be a bad idea.

If you're set on installing it I'd use a test world first.

Cycloneium

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to change the Ids and get it all to work. I played with it in a test world and it works out fine. Thanks for the help everyone.

Cycloneium

Jul 29, 2019
It appears there are some graphical issues with thermal expansion when ars magica is installed, and I realized as ive been playing how terrible the mode is.... Really makes me wish I didn't go through all this trouble. Don't get me wrong, the concept is amazing, but the implementation kinda sucks, and minecraft is limited. I would like to thank all of you for your help. you guys are great.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I think someone should start making a config repository for mods commonly added to FTB. Don't look at me though...

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'll do this as part of my config pack once it's updated, if it's heavily requested enough. No point doing it if it won't get used.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
mind if I put my problem here as well?
I got the same mod installed and working, it doesnt crash (no need for logs) mind you just a minor but annoying bug occurs
its when I use gravisuite, I dont fly when i activate the gravity suit. but when i disable ars arcana, I do. might be something in the cfg that i missed?
any fix or workaround would be appreciated. again not debilitating just annoying as i use the gravisuite during testing contraptions on test worlds.

ps: installed on both DW20 5.1.1 and Mindcrack 8.1.1

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
I believe its a conflict, similar to the way that EE2 and Gravisuite conflict, because EE2 overrides the default creative fly mode with its Swiftwolf. The only way to fix that issue would be to nag the creator of Gravisuite to make his own fly class, which may eventually trickle down into the modpack. I guess you could nag the creator of Ars Magica to not change the default fly class though too...

Reactions: Hannibal_00

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i already posted this exact same issue on the gravitation suite mods home thread. I was able to narrow it down to ars magica conflicting with gravitation suite. Both mods use the same fly class.

I have also posted about it on the ars magica thread, so its just a matter of the mod authors changing the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.