Ars Magica 2 Worldgen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
So after having run Monster for a few days, I had realised the AM2 wasn't included in it, so I thought why not? More stuff, more fun. Right?

Problem is, I have noticed that after nearly a month on the map with AM2 installed, that I have yet to come across a single item from AM2 while mining, even in the newly generated terrain.

We do get moonstone meteors (too many if you ask some players - a particular player has one hitting her garden once every 15 minutes!), and I found surface things like orchids and such.

Yet, after digging around with quarries, I've yet to encounter a single vinteum block or that other crystal thing (topaz was it?).

Anything I can check for?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The big question is whether or not it's new-gen. If it was generated before AM2 was installed, I don't think that retrogen is an included feature, so you're not going to have anything there.

Best way to try would be to down a few buckets of ender and have another look, additions such as the essence lakes and witchwood forests are easy to find.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If you've added the most recent version of AM2, then it will have added a new biome (Witchwood Forest), so you can easily tell if it's new worldgen because there will be the telltale signs of chunk boundaries and sudden biome and elevation changes. If you're still within your already explored chunks, then you definitely won't find AM2 worldgen.

Reactions: Museli and RedBoss

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
There's witchwood trees all over, and some people found essence pools and made their arcane compendum already.

Yet, not a single topaz or vinteum block is yet to be found.

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
AM2 has a config option for it - make sure 'RetroactiveWorldGen' is set to true and you should be okay.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There's witchwood trees all over, and some people found essence pools and made their arcane compendum already.

Yet, not a single topaz or vinteum block is yet to be found.
What pack are you using? I have a tiny bit of experience with FTB packs now, and I can tell you, not all packs have the same ore spawning. I don't fully understand how COFH core can do it, but it can alter ore spawning mechanics from other mods. Find out what file changes it and you could find out if AM2 ore spawning is changed.
I do know that at the very least Blue Topaz spawns at roughly diamond level(not super common IIRC) and vintium can spawn pretty much anywhere, but this is normally not an issue for me, since I am a caver and my ores are waiting for me on the walls of the caves, making even Blue Topaz easy enough to find.

For example, TPPI has a somewhat unique ore spawning system, it's layer based. Almost everything spawns deeper then you might expect.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you using? I have a tiny bit of experience with FTB packs now, and I can tell you, not all packs have the same ore spawning. I don't fully understand how COFH core can do it, but it can alter ore spawning mechanics from other mods. Find out what file changes it and you could find out if AM2 ore spawning is changed.
I do know that at the very least Blue Topaz spawns at roughly diamond level(not super common IIRC) and vintium can spawn pretty much anywhere, but this is normally not an issue for me, since I am a caver and my ores are waiting for me on the walls of the caves, making even Blue Topaz easy enough to find.

For example, TPPI has a somewhat unique ore spawning system, it's layer based. Almost everything spawns deeper then you might expect.
He said monster in the OP

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
He said monster in the OP
Somehow I missed that. Well, I don't think Monster has weird ore spawning changes anyway. But Monster doesn't have AM2 by default, and he used the world retrogen(or should have by now), so I guess this is all fine now?