Ars Magica 2 not leveling

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

uglyoldbat

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using a lot of spells to level up. I am now on level 54 and I still have no points to use. It says I have one red one, but nothing is lit for me to spend it in the occulus. I have tried picking it up and putting it back down but it made no difference. I only have about a dozen things unlocked, shouldnt level 54 be more than that?

Direwolf20 on FTB

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
You don't get very many points to spend by leveling. You have to find infinity orbs in chests or kill bosses to get them

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Any Unlock in the Oculus requires either blue, green *OR* red Skill Points to unlock. (You can't use a more expensive skill point to unlock a low-tier item) -- eventually, you'll level up so much that you no longer earn the lower-tier Skill Points, so you'll need to rely on other means (like dungeons, or killing Ars Magica bosses) to gather them. You can see what Skill Point you need to unlock a locked skill just by hovering your mouse over the Unlock - the font colour of the tooltip is what type of Skill Point it requires to unlock.

For reference, the easier bosses (Water Guardian, Earth Guardian) drop Blue Skill Points, the middle-tier bosses (Air Guardian, Nature Guardian) drop Green and the end-tier bosses (.. Ender? Fire?) drop Red. Bosses are by far the easiest way to get Skill Points, especially Blue - which you can VERY easily farm off of the Water Guardian, so long as you watch your health. While he IS the first boss.. he's certainly not a pushover. Forgetting to keep distance can be fatal, considering he somewhat pierces armour.