Ars magica 2 - Accelerate

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys!

I've been playing around with Ars magica 2 for a while and I've been loving it! I read that the accelerate spell could speed up your machines, but it doesn't work for me. I have 2 separate vanilla furnaces, 1 is being fired with beam, wall, projectile, zone ect. Spells with accelerate and none seem to spead it up. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing! You're doing nothing wrong, even though it isn't speeding up your machines.

That's because it doesn't work on Tile Entities, much like your furnace showed.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
OH, I forgot what a tile entity was XD.... Just to clarify, what is a tile entity? Something that can contain items a.k.a anything i want it to work on?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I just quickly looked it up and, if it doesn't work on machines, what's it good for?
Well, it sounds like it should work on plants, although there's the Grow shape for that too.. Oo
Would it affect water/lava flow?

Trying to think of anything else that should be a block that ticks randomly without being a tile entity.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Does it work on a regular non-tile entity? You could make your enemies wither to your poison touch faster! Or drown after mere moments in the water! You can regenerate your wounds faster! Turn a puppy into a savage wolf in no time!

I hope it does because I was pretty sure that no blocks tick for effects - afaik they do not have the capability to store extra information to tell them what they can do. If they could, they'd be a tile entity by definition.

Reactions: Tornado3019

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
I just did a small amount of testing, it dosen't work on dirt to grass and it doesn't work on regeneration