ArmorPlus Updates

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Looking through the thread couldn't find a link to this mod spotlight so I decided to add post it myself:

And I have a suggestion:
Make it so that by using an anvil you can combine the Ultimate Armor with the following items to get different abilities:
-Ender Dragon Head, makes the helmet look like an ender dragon head, costs 10 levels
-Redstone Armor(requires to be put on every piece), gives Speed 2, but takes 2 points of armor, costs 30 levels.

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
I will update this thread to look like the other ones :D

Good Suggestion, but The Ultimate Armor is too OP for this xD
I have a planned feature/update
What About a fully custom armor ?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
A fully custom armor? That would be cool. But how would it work? Like creating an armor base which can be worn for 0 protecting but can be combined with different items to grant different abilities?

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, something like that

This will take a while to do so, but It will happen
+ there will be some new armors coming soon and some more config options

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Also I'm thinking about players to require MineTweaker 3 to make the recipes for the custom armor... idk...

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I'd suggest making it require paper by default, but the player can modifiy the material required in the config, also could you spoil some of the stuff from your planed feature list? And I also have an idea for how you could upgrade the custom armor and what upgrades there could be. Would you like to see it?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
First, on the planned features list I see that you want Mettalurgy 3 support, for 1.7.10 there is Mettalurgy 4 and 1.9.x there is Mettalurgy 5 IIRC. And the mod has it's own armor sets what integration do you want to add?

Now my suggestion for the custom armor:
-kt requires paper as mentioned above
-to upgrade it you need to craft a special block which requires an anvil, an echanting table, a crafting table and 6 iron, the table would have 9 slots, an area to rename it and an area to add enchants to it, enchants cannot be added by a normal anvil
-it's upgrades are tiered and require the previous tier to be present:
•tier 1: combine it with coal armor and you get the same effects as it and it's protection, requires 5 levels
•tier 2: redstone armor, you get the effects it gives, but without the protection it's protection, requires 10 levels
•tier 3: obsidian armor, it gives you resistance and iron level protection, requires 15 levels
•tier 4: lava armor, this one is different, it requires two obsidian armor piece and 6 lava buckets(the bucket is consumed), requires 20 levels
•tier 5: the guardin armor, it gives regen, requires 25 levels
•tier 6: super star armor, requires the super star armor and 30 levels.
•tier 7: elytra upgrade, you cannot get flight using this armor, but you can get the gliding abilties of the elytra, requires 30 levels.
•special tier 1: allows you to combine the helmet with goggles of revealing to get it's effect, requires 5 levels
•special tier 1 upgrade: by combining the helmet with an additional thaumometer and sanity checker + some void metal to allow you to see the local aura levels and how much warp you have, can be toggled on and off with a keybinding, requires 5 levels

What do you think?

Reactions: sokratis12GR

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Now my suggestion for the custom armor:
-kt requires paper as mentioned above
-to upgrade it you need to craft a special block which requires an anvil, an echanting table, a crafting table and 6 iron, the table would have 9 slots, an area to rename it and an area to add enchants to it, enchants cannot be added by a normal anvil
-it's upgrades are tiered and require the previous tier to be present:
•tier 1: combine it with coal armor and you get the same effects as it and it's protection, requires 5 levels
•tier 2: redstone armor, you get the effects it gives, but without the protection it's protection, requires 10 levels
•tier 3: obsidian armor, it gives you resistance and iron level protection, requires 15 levels
•tier 4: lava armor, this one is different, it requires two obsidian armor piece and 6 lava buckets(the bucket is consumed), requires 20 levels
•tier 5: the guardin armor, it gives regen, requires 25 levels
•tier 6: super star armor, requires the super star armor and 30 levels.
•tier 7: elytra upgrade, you cannot get flight using this armor, but you can get the gliding abilties of the elytra, requires 30 levels.
•special tier 1: allows you to combine the helmet with goggles of revealing to get it's effect, requires 5 levels
•special tier 1 upgrade: by combining the helmet with an additional thaumometer and sanity checker + some void metal to allow you to see the local aura levels and how much warp you have, can be toggled on and off with a keybinding, requires 5 levels

What do you think?

Well, ArmorPlus wont add any special blocks. it just adds armors and some items and recipes - but It will use normal Anvil Instead
•tier 1: combine it with coal armor and you get the same effects as it and it's protection, requires 5 levels - I agree
•tier 2: redstone armor, you get the effects it gives, but without the protection it's protection, requires 10 levels - I agree
•tier 3: obsidian armor, it gives you resistance and iron level protection, requires 15 levels - Well Diamond Level Will fit better
•tier 4: lava armor, this one is different, it requires two obsidian armor piece and 6 lava buckets(the bucket is consumed), requires 20 levels (What Exactly you mean) ?
•tier 5: the guardin armor, it gives regen, requires 25 levels - regen or water breathing ? :)
•tier 6: super star armor, requires the super star armor and 30 levels. - Well what ? here you mean regen ?
•tier 7: elytra upgrade, you cannot get flight using this armor, but you can get the gliding abilties of the elytra, requires 30 levels. - I have tried to do so but I didn't manage to do this (Elytra Armors BB)
•special tier 1: allows you to combine the helmet with goggles of revealing to get it's effect, requires 5 levels - Nice Idea
•special tier 1 upgrade: by combining the helmet with an additional thaumometer and sanity checker + some void metal to allow you to see the local aura levels and how much warp you have, can be toggled on and off with a keybinding, requires 5 levels - hmmm I will think about this

This are my answers ^^

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
•tier 5- derp, yes I meant water breathinv
•tier 6-depr again, ues regen
•tier 7-I know that someone made a mod that backports the elytra to 1.7.10 and 1.8.9. Maybe ask him how he did it, the mod's name is Backlytra and it id on Minecraft Forum.

•tier 4- do you know how when you craft cake you the buckets back, the way I suggest it you wouldn't, but if you are using the anvil it doesn't matter

Reactions: sokratis12GR

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
•tier 4- do you know how when you craft cake you the buckets back, the way I suggest it you wouldn't, but if you are using the anvil it doesn't matter - just a lava bucket should work fine :) or I will see what custom Items I will make

EDIT: I will take a look, thanks

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
This is a pretty neat mod!

Though it's kinda weird that there is no Curseforge link in the main post. (or did I miss it?) I had to go to your FTB wiki page to find the download link.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
IMO people should be allowed to use the words armor & plus in their mod name, but not together(e.g. I couln't make a mod called RF Armor because that)