Armor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

XxNinja3DxX

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting bored of making my Ruby armor over and over so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some good armor that will take a little time to make. I'm getting bored of making my Ruby armor over and over. :)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
If you have Ender IO in your pack I highly recommend the dark steel armor. It is fairly easy to make but there are lot of upgrade options with multiple tiers. Most of which are added using a standard minecraft anvil.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about early-game, I recommend Tinker's Alloy armor. Cheap and more armor points than invar.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Armors to make - in no particular order, and taken from the modlist in direwolf20

Nano armor
Quantum Armor
Thaumium Fortress Armor
Void Thaumaturge Robes
Sanguine Armor
Bound Armor
Manasteel Armor
Terrasteel Armor
Modular Powersuit
Dark Steel Armor
Flux Infused Armor

* Witchery adds armors too but I don't even know what they are called.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Actually manasteel is a great intermediate armor choice. It seems to be in the middle of iron and diamond level protection. And all you need is a sub par mana gen setup to make just enough manasteel and a mana diamond/pearl for a tablet.
Then again to keep the tablet full you might wanna more robust mana gen maybe with a proper feeding system so you don't need to baby sit your pools.

I find projred makes this easy. I adapted one of Direwolf20's coal dropper designs that used a state cell and a mana detector as a sort of throttle mechanism which triggers a counter deincrement reseting it, that activates a timer that when ever it ticks activates an open blocks dropper and also adds an increment to the counter redisableing the timer.
Then because I use my own pack use a Automagi long distance comparitor (not at the end yet so no red string) on a mana pool that I have made compact with dense redcrystal to lock the state cell when the pool is full.

Speaking of automagi. Doesn't that mod just feel like it was just made for botania more then thaumcraft lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk