Armor. Upsides and Downsides

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone has their set of armor they wear. Some people wear all diamond, some wear a quantum suit, others, thaumium fortress. I am wondering what kinds of armor you guys think is better then another. (Just to clarify, "better" doesn't necessarily mean how much protection it gives.) This could be difficult because some armor may give positive effects such as speed, and that could make it hard to switch, but I just want opinions.
I created this thread because in my world right now, I have a Battlesuit from Quantum Flux as my armor and I'm not sure whether I can bear the switch to something like thaumium fortress because of all of the buffs you get from the Battlesuit. If anything exists that could possibly give permanent potion effects, (I doubt it) please let me know.
Replies and opinions are always appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Really, endgame armor is mostly on par from mod to mod. The big thing I see is infrastructure needed. For instance, I'm not a big IC2 guy, so Gravisuite is off the table for me. I can definitely see why I would love it, but the hassle to make it isn't justified. Not starting any kind of mod superiority fight - IC2 just isn't my bag. Your mileage may vary.

I'm working my way towards TC Fortress Armor in my current world (Regrowth), which I will likely enchant via Botania. I aim to have Runic Shielding across each piece, which will be fed Vis from my Livingwood Wand (recharging itself off my mana). I've decided to go with a Frugal Tiara for the time being, as it will give me flight (limited as it may be) without impeding on an armor slot.

After I've worked my way into Blood Magic, I may consider switching to Bound Armor. I've seen some pretty sick setups with the later tier gear, and with the proper infrastructure, it makes you damn near invincible.

Again, its all preference and infrastructure. Some people prioritize different traits (I, for one, won't wear armor that isn't self repairing in some way), so its best to tell us what you're looking for, and how much effort you're willing to put forth to get it. This will help to narrow the field a bit.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I use rotarycraft bedrock armor. Decent enchants right out of the gate, and I have yet to see it take any durability damage.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
If you check my sig you'll see my current armor is dark steel armor, ender IO, with some overkill additions by way of the other mods in my little pack.

Yes, there IS a way to get potion effects on you permenently, there's that one necklace from botania that goes in your amulet bauble slot... "Tainted blood pendant" loooks like Vaskii's site is the best place to read about it.

http://botaniamod.net/lexicon.php

If you don't already keep a tablet on your person (or a mirror) a ring of Aura will help keep the tablet charged up.

This though is NOT my planned final ultimate armor. I have one upgrade planned and one more possible after that.

Reactions: RedBoss

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
leather armor of course! , just kidding i don't really use armor but when i do i just use regular diamond enchanted with prot IV and ub III not more needed unless you fighting 100 withers at the same time

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Metal and Diamond armour is so clunky and heavy - Thaumaturge's (and eventually Ichorcloth) robes are the way to go! :D

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Blood Magic's Bound Armor is quite good, and you can set up some interesting utility with it right out of the box with the right materials. One of the few ways to be immune to Void damage (Void Sigil) that I'm aware of.

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Power Suit, always and forever.
No downsides
Flies endlessly & faster than IC2.
Lava no longer hurts.
Underwater Breath
Auto-Eat when hungry
night vision
maximum armor value
no fall dmg.

Downside?
tedious to 'complete'

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I used to like Modular Power Suits cus of its versitality, but nowadays i prefer the Dark Steel Armor Set.

Dark Steel when powered, functions as Diamond Armor, Negates Fall Damage, Has toggable Night Vision, Has a cool soud locator, can give you a swim boost, can be upgraded with Apiarist armor to negate bee affects.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I usually use decked out blood armor.
With a few in game days of dedicated work you can get up to tier 4,setup the well of suffering and drop 20-30 witches in it. You'll never want for blood again.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've been in an MPS rut for a while. I typically have steel armor of some kind (I almost never leave Railcraft out.), and then upgrade to Modular Powersuit. The thing is, I almost never have armor, and I rarely have flight. The former because it's too expensive to make until I reach the point where I never leave the base. And the latter is because it's both expensive and I don't really like to use flight. In both cases, I find the alternate mobility, of the enhanced jump and glider wings are more effective than weighing myself down with armor, or just flying over everything. Best defense is not to be hit. That said, I miss the IC2 jetpack plus Solar Helmet combo. Infinite, if occasionally annoying flight was awesome.