Whitelist Server Arelia FTB | Mindcrack 8.3.2 | A friendly community server! | Expensive Recipes Disabled!

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Lokarn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, so while I was looking at your spawn location I found a few new player unfriendly areas that I showed a few guys already but I wanted to be sure to detail them here so they can be easily fixed.
1. there is an areial faith plate set to launch players to a platform that sends you too high causing you to take deadly fall damage. I showed this to Helk, I'm sure he will show you which one.
2. At the farm area with the Thaumcraft golems the area seems to be protected from what I guess is new player ranks. When you move too close to the area you get the "you are not allowed here" msg, but you also fall through the walkway and are in the ocean. It's hard to swim around down there to get back to the walkway. I drowned myself to save some time.
3. If you head right from the golden chest full of bread along the walkway you can cross to another platform with more areal faith plates. The way back has a small platform. From the platform with the 2 areal faith plates the right plate causes you to take fatal fall damage. Also the floaty blocks that are set to allow you to get back up do not allow you to reach the walkway unless you time the "bounce" of your floating allowing players to fall back down taking near fatal fall damage ( I landed on the leaves at the back edge of that platform).

Hope that helps.

Robbo905

Jul 29, 2019
  • My in-game name: i_Lokarn_I
  • How long I have been playing Minecraft: Nearly a year
  • How long I have been playing Feed the Beast: About 7 months give or take
  • My favorite mods in the Mindcrack FTB pack and the reasons I like them are: I really enjoy Thaumcraft 3. I really like the golems for automating things I have used them to automate all sorts of tasks from farms, to keeping my crafting area stocked with materials from my storage area. I also like Xycraft blocks I think they add some very neat textures to the game that can be used in ways to spiffy up a room or building, and the useful tools are also nice to have. While I really like RP2 I try to avoid using it too much since I am afraid it will be removed from the pack soon due to the mod author not updating it. Ther. expansion is always neat too. I tend to start off with TE for fast early progression, but If the GT mod is on easy I might skip that route aside from necessary machines like the Mag. Crucible, and others. I like most of the mods in the pack, that's why I chose it to play on. :p
  • The thing I enjoy most about the game is : I know it sounds silly but I really like to help solve problems. I am a service tech in real life and I like to discover problems that other people can't quite figure out and help offer solutions. I also enjoy creative building just to make a nice building. My bases tend to be functional, and look nice with what I think of as interesting designs. I guess I'd say I just really like most aspects of the game.
I'm a 34 year old gamer who's been gaming for my whole life. I've played most mmo's and have ran several, well one guild across several games. One of my favorite things about playing multiplayer games is the potential to find long term friends who I can add to my current gaming group. While playing World of Warcraft I gathered a small group of friends who have now been playing all kinds of games together for over 9 years. Some of the guys I play games with now I met when they were 12 and now they have graduated college. I'm glad to have met them, and I hope I will keep adding friends as I go. Sadly, not many of these guys are into Minecraft, so I tend to play it alone or with one or two of them, but they don't play much.

I had been hosting a server from my house for a while, but like I said they don't play much so it's usually just me playing alone, and that's less fun for me.
Hopefully I see you guys soon, if not enjoy the game, it's pretty cool.

This is a great application Lokarn, I'm pleased to see so much detail. I hope you can find a few more great friends in Arelia, and hope you have a good time. Welcome to the server.

Aguildir

Jul 29, 2019
  • My in-game name: Aguildir
  • How long I have been playing Minecraft: I have been playing for about 2 years now.
  • How long I have been playing Feed the Beast: I am brand new to it. looks awesome and def want to know more.
  • My favourite mods in the Mindcrack FTB pack and the reasons I like them are: I am not totally sure yet. havent got a chance to play them yet. hopefully soon. But if i had to pick one I think the railcraft looks pretty sweet.
  • The thing I enjoy most about the game is: I like everything. The whole idea of gathering resources and building awesome things is fun. I have way too many hours into minecraft on building random things to apartment buildings to roller coasters. I really like building the most though. I build everything lol. Everyone tells me im very creative and i like to think i am lol. But minecraft is def a wicked game all out.

Lokarn

Jul 29, 2019
So, I logged in and went off into the sunset to look for my own place in the world, the only problem I am having is there is no land. I've been travelling now for over an hour in one direction, about 25k blocks and all I have seen are a few small islands no larger than 3 chunks total in size. Also, you seem to have a hostile mob problem, that being there are no more able to spawn. This is most likely due to having too many chunk loaders, and they are probably set too high. I had the same issue with my own server, I had a couple guys who had all of their chunk loaders set to maximum, which keeps mobs in those chunks loaded at all times.

Not sure if I really want to keep looking for land after 25k blocks.

Helkarakse

Jul 29, 2019
So, I logged in and went off into the sunset to look for my own place in the world, the only problem I am having is there is no land. I've been travelling now for over an hour in one direction, about 25k blocks and all I have seen are a few small islands no larger than 3 chunks total in size. Also, you seem to have a hostile mob problem, that being there are no more able to spawn. This is most likely due to having too many chunk loaders, and they are probably set too high. I had the same issue with my own server, I had a couple guys who had all of their chunk loaders set to maximum, which keeps mobs in those chunks loaded at all times.

Not sure if I really want to keep looking for land after 25k blocks.

I have no answers regarding the hostile mob issue, but as for land, there is definitely land surrounding spawn. However, it is possible that the direction you have travelled in is the direction of the great sea. If you would like to find land, I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Gingerbread_915

Jul 29, 2019
  • My in-game name: Gingerbread_915
  • How long I have been playing Minecraft: I have been playing minecraft since the 1.8 Pre-Release, I played vanilla for a long time then discovered tekkit, overwhelmed by the amount of tech mods and newfound exploration, it felt like I was playing minecraft for the first time all over again. After then grown tired of Tekkit with the slow update timing for the pack, I discovered FTB.
  • How long I have been playing Feed the Beast: I have been playing FTB for about 3 months now and am still learning new mods and ways to comine them with others to make the best out of my experience.
  • My favourite mods in the Mindcrack FTB pack and the reasons I like them are: I enjoy all of the tech mods (Buildcraft, Gregtech, Industrialcraft ect.) because I am able to build and automate my machines and also create inventions. The mod doesn't stop at crafting and electricity, but challenges my mind to create more efficient and complex machines. I enjoy Ultimate and Mindcrack packs the most because the are a compilation of the mods that are most dear to me.
  • The thing I enjoy most about the game is: How sandbox the game is, and how the mods allow you to take that even further, the only thing stopping you from doing anything is yourself.
I am looking foward forward to joining a community with players whom I can trust and become minecraft friends with! I do not usually hump ship to servers easily, but my last server changed packs, and the custom pack on tekkit isn't compatible on my mac. :( I hope I will be able to find a new server home where I can stay until the end of time, or at least until Kim Jon Un blows up the world, whatever comes first. I am hopeful that you will accept my application and look forward to joining the server!

Chrisszzyy

Jul 29, 2019
  • My in-game name: Chrisszzyy
  • How long I have been playing Minecraft: I have been playing Minecraft fully since January 2012.
  • How long I have been playing Feed the Beast: I have been playing FTB for over 6 months now. I signed up on these forums about a month after playing.
  • My favourite mods in the Mindcrack FTB pack and the reasons I like them are: Redpower due to the fact I'm Redstone crazy and IC2 because it makes Minecraft much more interesting and modern to play.
  • The thing I enjoy most about the game is: The fact that every time you start off a new world or on a new server you start off fresh. That means a different environment, different challenges and more fun! Who wants to play a boring game all the time where things remain the same? Having a difference every time you start is the best feeling ever; It never gets boring! Having lots of mods to use is also another attractive bonus I like.
As far as my favourite mods; the reason why I like IC2 so much is because it contains the ability to build large EU power grids to power equipment which can help you build things faster. I guess the reason for this is because I'm studying Computer Networking in real life. I'm an 18 (Almost 19!) year old student who is advancing to University in September. Networking isn't the only thing however; When I see Network type abilities in a game as-well as sandboxing I'm game! I've been gaming since the late 1990's (Anyone ever play Simon the Sorcerer?) and games have been getting more fun to play; probably due to the graphics involved. That obviously isn't a reason I'm so addicted to Minecraft it's the fact you can use extra texture packs as-well!
Well that's me. I hope I haven't gone on too much :p

Dragonn601

Jul 29, 2019
My in-game name: dragonn601
How long I have been playing Minecraft: 3 Years (Just Had Birthday Bought Me a Account 2009 or 2010)
How long I have been playing Feed the Beast: About 6 months
My favorite mods in the Mindcrack FTB pack are: Thaumcraft Because it makes things easier.Traincraft better transportation but has some bugs.....:(
The thing I enjoy most about the game is:Adventuring And figuring Out Things :Adventure and uniqueness: I Learned and discovered lots of things in vanilla hekkit tekkit and FTB And They are all unique
and have different Goals Like Build all machines,Build every item and i like exploring to do that.Figuring out Things When i Was a noob i thought seeds were maps and mods were vannilla after a while it all catches up.:)

Helkarakse

Jul 29, 2019
My in-game name:Dragonn601(like my user here)
How long I have been playing Minecraft: 2 Years
How long I have been playing Feed the Beast: About 6 months
My favorite mods in the Mindcrack FTB pack are:Thaumcraft becuase who dosent like magic and the balence of it and theramal expasion
beacause the macerator on other servers require 3 diamonds and u can make a pulverizer which is better because it takes 2 gold.
The thing I enjoy most about the game is:Doing research in all things like:Traincraft (if its still on here)Thaumcraft etc.

You are going to need to improve on this application before it can be considered as such.

Application approval is temporarily on hold as the server owner is away.

Blockolot

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose I better do my job as [Admin] and try take some load off of Helk. (Although I'm sure he enjoys looking after you guys on the forum :)). I am happy to do application approvals and hopefully I can still remember how to add you guys. I shall try my best.

Blockolot

Jul 29, 2019
All of the below have been accepted, although you havent been added yet. Apologies. I will try do this ASAP

Chrisszzyy - Excellent application, this is what we like to see, effort. You can never go on too much my friend. Welcome to the server
Gingerbread_915 - Another great aplication. I have been on the server for at least 5 months now. Im sure you can call this home :)
Aguildir - Good application, Arelia is perfect for you to learn, everyone is more than happy to help you and answer your questions.

Welcome to Arelia

Block

Aguildir

Jul 29, 2019
All of the below have been accepted, although you havent been added yet. Apologies. I will try do this ASAP

Chrisszzyy - Excellent application, this is what we like to see, effort. You can never go on too much my friend. Welcome to the server
Gingerbread_915 - Another great aplication. I have been on the server for at least 5 months now. Im sure you can call this home :)
Aguildir - Good application, Arelia is perfect for you to learn, everyone is more than happy to help you and answer your questions.

Welcome to Arelia

Block

Thank you

Helkarakse

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose I better do my job as [Admin] and try take some load off of Helk. (Although I'm sure he enjoys looking after you guys on the forum :)). I am happy to do application approvals and hopefully I can still remember how to add you guys. I shall try my best.

Yeaaah life isn't all just building building and building...

drakthaal

Jul 29, 2019
could you like move me or diagnose or anything to see what is wrong i suspect it an item i am holding picked up something (unnamed) with no icon

Helkarakse

Jul 29, 2019
The only person who can help you at the moment is an administrator, and the only one available at the moment is Blockolot. He doesn't get on till much later.