Are you gonna use biome mods in 1.7?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Are you gonna use biome mods in 1.7?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No.

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.7, I imagine that I'll probably flip that around - I'll disable the majority of the biomes BoP adds, and turn on just a few that I either really like or that are different enough from the rest that they're not redundant feeling. I mean, I like a fores as much as the next guy, but having like 20 different versions is a bit much unless we're talking about vastly different trees/terrain.

This is exactly what I was doing in 1.6.4. I had Biomes'o'plenty enabled but disabled all biomes except for the 5 or so I liked best (and that were sufficiently different from each other and the vanilla ones). This world was glorious, and all vanilla biomes were easily reachable, so thats definitely something I can recommend. For 1.7 I'm still not sure whether do disable BoP completely or doing it like in 1.6.4. If I get rid of BoP completely, I will definitely miss my hot springs though...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Im just curious.Personally im not gonna use them because they are not needed that much anymore.
Minecraft has enough cool default biomes ... :p

No, vanilla minecraft doesn't have enough variety, and yes I will always use extra biomes if they are available in a modpack because I am one of those weirdos who actually prefers a game to be a bit harder than a bit easier. I enjoy it when I struggle to find a material I need and I have to make a special expedition to go find it. I never remove any biomes, the more the better IMO.

Reactions: Vasa and Mevansuto

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
No, vanilla minecraft doesn't have enough variety, and yes I will always use extra biomes if they are available in a modpack because I am one of those weirdos who actually prefers a game to be a bit harder than a bit easier. I enjoy it when I struggle to find a material I need and I have to make a special expedition to go find it. I never remove any biomes, the more the better IMO.

My mindset exactly.