Are there any non-wooden ladders out there?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't there any iron/metal ladders in any of these mods? I see stone ladders were added by Tinkers, but it seems like a pretty gaping hole in the "creative" side of building. Seems also someone would have come up with paintable doors. (yes I know different woods make different colored doors, it's not the same!)

So, am missing some hidden gems, or has this just never shown up on anyone's mod todo list?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I swear I saw metal ladders of some sort in my pack last I played, but I can't for the life of me remember where they came from. I'll check when I get home.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think it's Carpenter's Blocks that adds ladders that can have a material added to them after placement, changing the look of the ladder to whatever material you used.

Edit: Ninja'd

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Carpenter's blocks has a reskinable ladder so you can make it whatever you want. It is also a stand alone block, it does not require another block to be placed on.

also Metallurgy (specifically metallurgy 3 machines according to waila) adds specific metal ladders like copper, iron, etc. These work like regular vanilla ladders.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
There is Jaded ladders from OpenBlocks, but they are wooden. Its basically a trapdoor that is climbable so you can put it at the top of your ladder and climb out easily. Regarding paintable doors, see if you can use the OpenBlocks stencil, it lets you paint any block

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check the modlist for Monster when i get home -- hopefully carpenter's is in there. If not, tough luck for me as this is a server :p

Good call on OpenBlocks painting, forgot about that!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check the modlist for Monster when i get home -- hopefully carpenter's is in there. If not, tough luck for me as this is a server :p

Good call on OpenBlocks painting, forgot about that!
Carpenter's Blocks is not in there sadly, but it is in the Universal Configs for you to easily drop in. Make sure to get Carpenter's Blocks 1.9.9

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Thought I saw either a sinlge or server player direwolf in which he used a string or rope ladder or something...

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Could use an elevator block. Instant teleport strait up and down by a max 20 blocks (default config, but can go higher/lower). I know its not quite what you asked for, but its an option depending on what you're looking for. Great for having a "ladder" in the middle of a room without the clutter. They can even be dyed colors.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Could use an elevator block. Instant teleport strait up and down by a max 20 blocks (default config, but can go higher/lower). I know its not quite what you asked for, but its an option depending on what you're looking for. Great for having a "ladder" in the middle of a room without the clutter. They can even be dyed colors.
That costs xp now