Are there any instant-break blocks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
I used to use extra utilites angel blocks heavily when making large complex sculptures because they were great for making temporary paths to add blocks diagonally, due to their ability to break instantly without tools so I could place the angel block, then the structure block, then recover the angel block without switching to a tool. In EU2 however, angel blocks need a tool to break quickly, and even then are not instant. Are there other blocks that break instantly without tools?

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Scaffolding? Both Carpenter's Blocks and IC2 have scaffolding blocks, the wooden ones even despawn after a time, so zero effort to break them. The IC2 scaffolding blocks will break when you break the lowest layer.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Conjured blocks from psi break instantly. I can post the spell I use this evening but basically I think it uses vector raycast to get the position you're looking at, then adds axial raycast to move it adjacent to the face you're looking at.

I basically use that same spell for my lights, blocks, and a fire-setting trick that mostly gets used for nether portals.