Are the issues with chunk loaders solved?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
In my years of Minecraft I tried to stay away from chunk loaders/anchors/etc because I kept reading about chunk resets and other problems for no reason or sometimes because an ender chest or a tesseract was near. I'm playing DW20 1.6.4 and I want to know if these problems are solved or if they still occur.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
As far as Chicken Chunks goes, no they are not. However, I've never had a single problem with railcraft anchors. And MFR now has a chunkloader that I hear is pretty stable.(but extremely expensive to power.)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not saying that there might not still be some bugs, but I have been using the Chicken chunks chunkloaders quite frequently and not experienced a chunk reset since some server back in 1.4.7(and not sure that was due to the chunkloader tbh). So I dont really have any reservations in using them tbh.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
As far as Chicken Chunks goes, no they are not.

The only issue Chicken Chunks has(possibly had haven't tested in awhile) was non vanilla dimensions(1, 0, -1). In vanilla dimensions they had no error and a small footprint.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The only issue Chicken Chunks has(possibly had haven't tested in awhile) was non vanilla dimensions(1, 0, -1). In vanilla dimensions they had no error and a small footprint.
That makes sense because the that one time I have seen the chunk reset was in a mystcraft age.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
The real problem is people not having backups... ever. That doesnt mean "oh I can go back to an hour ago and fix this". Means you can go back any day in the past week and a half. Then have those backups stored once a week on another computer, even better if that computer isnt in the same building.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
The last time I had a chunk reset from a chunkloader, it was back in 1.5.2 and was caused by the server being stopped improperly (power failure). It was simply resolved by either reverting to a world backup, or, in my case (as backups are not very frequenty), restoring the individual chunk from the backup using WorldEdit.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I have actually never used other than chickenchunks, and played for a really long time. World has never become totally wasted, and there was 1 time that 1 chunk got reset at IC2 room area during 1.5.2 (some Direwolf pack). But there hasn't been other issues, even when cross-loading same chunks with ender-thermic pump. They work in all dimensions.