Ardite and Cobalt Ores won't smelt? Tinker's Construct..

Slickster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys
I'm new to this forum, so please excuse my n00bish behaviour, I'm not even sure if this is the correct section...
Anyway, I recently acquired Ardite Ore and Cobalt Ore, and they aren't able to be smelted!
I'm playing on FTB Unleashed.
Any help would be appreciated..
If it matters, I used a Block Breaker to get the ores

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Did you try putting them into the TiCo Smeltery? If I remember correctly, that's the only way to smelt cobalt and ardite.

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running the 1.6.4 pack, I remember Dire saving you can also put the TiCo ores through Factorization's processing chain. I haven't tried myself yet to confirm, though.

Edit: Tested in Creative. You can process ardite and cobalt ore through Factorization's refining chain to get triple yield.

Last edited:

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running the 1.6.4 pack, I remember Dire saving you can also put the TiCo ores through Factorization's processing chain. I haven't tried myself yet to confirm, though.

Edit: Tested in Creative. You can process ardite and cobalt ore through Factorization's refining chain to get triple yield.

You can also triple cobalt output with the TE induction smelter + cinnabar.

Reactions: James_Grimm

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys
I'm new to this forum, so please excuse my n00bish behaviour, I'm not even sure if this is the correct section...
Anyway, I recently acquired Ardite Ore and Cobalt Ore, and they aren't able to be smelted!
I'm playing on FTB Unleashed.
Any help would be appreciated..
If it matters, I used a Block Breaker to get the ores
The block breaker doesn't matter (although you will be able to make a pick out of materials better than diamond that will mine it directly soon - check the red materials and me book).

To clarify about the smeltery, it is a special multiblock from Tinker's Contruct. In order to make it you need to place certain blocks in world in a certain way. To find out how you need the final TiCo book. To get this, gather some clay, sand and gravel and combine it in a crafting table to make grout (check NEI for the exact recipe). Smelt the grout in a regular furnace and you will get seared brick. If you have space in your inventory a black book should appear which you can read. It might not appear; if it doesn't appear craft the bricks in a 2*2 pattern to make seared bricks. If that doesn't work there is a crafting recipe just in case.

In the book there are instructions on how to make and use the smeltery. If you prefer, you can watch one of the recent Direwolf20 videos in which he builds a smeltery.

Direwolf is just starting his new lets play series which is really good to watch if you are new to the mods and you want to see how they work.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
this method... no longer works... you can use factorization... BUT.. price ITS PAINFULLY SLOW i think its about 20-30 minutes with a 10% of triple ore

With latest TiC (1.5.2.2) and TE (b9c) it works fine with both ardite and cobalt using cinnabar in an induction furnace :)

So if its not working then thats probably a bug thats already fixed ;)

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
according to King Lemming he removed it so it wasnt a bug but his reasons for removing it so not to step on mDiyo's tracks well I guess its balance

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
It no longer works with Cinnabar, but you can still smelt ardite/aluminum/cobalt in the induction smelter with Pyrotheum (or however it's spelled) dust. You'll only get 2 ingots per ore, same as the TiCo smeltery, but if you've already got TE setup and have plenty of pyrotheum *shrug*.

Scopius

Jul 29, 2019
this method... no longer works... you can use factorization... BUT.. price ITS PAINFULLY SLOW i think its about 20-30 minutes with a 10% of triple ore
Not if you use the lacerator and the factorization double furnace. It doesn't take long at all. The only caveat is that when I tried placing blocks in front of the lacerator, it would chew them up but not spit them out, but when I put the blocks into a barrel, it worked just fine.

Alfred the Butler

Jul 29, 2019
For the lacerator, did you have some sort of inventory behind it to accept items, like a chest? if not that might be why it would not spit them out.

Scopius

Jul 29, 2019
I did. I saw on the Direwolf20 LP that he got some kind of weird graphic glitch without using the barrel, and he had to do something else before it appeared in his chest, so there may be a bug.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Not if you use the lacerator and the factorization double furnace. It doesn't take long at all. The only caveat is that when I tried placing blocks in front of the lacerator, it would chew them up but not spit them out, but when I put the blocks into a barrel, it worked just fine.
and by I saw factorization the crystalizer is also part of the equation WHICH makes it very very very slow... but I guess its the price to pay for triple yeild

Grey_Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
and by I saw factorization the crystalizer is also part of the equation WHICH makes it very very very slow... but I guess its the price to pay for triple yeild
You have a chance at Triple ore by skipping washing/crystallizer process and going straight to Slag Furnace after Laceration.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
You can also triple them with Engineer's Toolbox, exactly the same way as you triplicate any ore in that mod. I find it a lot simpler and less time-consuming than using Factorization.

J

Jinnytocara

Hi, I am new to sky factory and mods pack, I appologies if my question was answered somewhere I did search online to try and find the answer but, seems none of the info I find works so I am trying here.
I am trying to melt cobalt ore and ardite orde, but seems unable to melt them in my smeltery, even with blazing pyrothenum ( not sure how its spelt sorry) it refuses to melt, and I get the message " can not be melted" how can I proceed to melt my cobalt and ardite ore?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi, I am new to sky factory and mods pack, I appologies if my question was answered somewhere I did search online to try and find the answer but, seems none of the info I find works so I am trying here.
I am trying to melt cobalt ore and ardite orde, but seems unable to melt them in my smeltery, even with blazing pyrothenum ( not sure how its spelt sorry) it refuses to melt, and I get the message " can not be melted" how can I proceed to melt my cobalt and ardite ore?
I should mention this was probably worth either starting a new thread for, or finding a thread relating to the specific pack you're using, as the particular pack can really make a difference! :) What pack are you playing?